Friday, May 23, 2008

Four and Five Year Olds



I didn't get a chance to post again earlier this week so I am going to be posting a bunch of things today. I'll post them in separate categories.

I'll start with the four and five year old class. I sat in on the class to see how they do things down there and just get a basic idea of the time frames they use. There were eleven children down there and I love them already! It was so good to sit down there, even though my friend said to the kids when I walked in, "Look it's our new five year old!" Some of those little kids looked so confused, and a couple of them asked me if I really was five. She later explained that I was going to be their teacher in a few weeks so they had better be nice to me now. To this one little girl, Christina, said, "I like that she is going to be our teacher, she's pretty!" This came from the prettiest little red-headed little girl in the world. That night I felt all those little eyes on me watching me to see what I was like, everytime I would look around I would find a little pair of eyes watching me. I'm still a little nervous but at the same time I am extremely excited. While I was down there I had a million ideas flying through my head on what I want to do with the class and different activities.(Thanks Mr. Greer!) I still need to sit down and write them out. Needless to say I love the opportunity the Lord has provided. I have one more week to sit down there and listen and observe then it's my turn. One little girl, Anniah, when we were leaving asked me if I was going to to be back next week; I assured her I would be. I think this is going to be a great summer where I can really take what I've learned in school and apply it to everyday life. I feel this is a great responsibility and the Bible gives commands for us to teach the little ones and these children are eager to learn.


"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."
Deuteronomy 6:5-7

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is awesome Momma!! It is such an encouragement to see God working and answering prayer with the teaching. I will continue to pray that God will make you the example and teacher that God wants you to be. Keep us posted on how things are going.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!