I was reading in my devotions this morning and the Lord was showing me some things. I am working on writing in my journal about Psalm 37 I am almost done about another day or two and I should be done I'll post some of what I found then. But back to what I was saying.
In Habakkuk 3:19 it says, "The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments."
The part in bold is the part that really stuck out to me. "He will make my feet like hinds' feet"; a hind is a deer, deer are very sure-footed and swift in the time of danger. The Lord will give us feet that are swift, swift to tell others the gospel, swift to serve others, swift to go wherever the Lord leads us. And they will be made swift when we see trouble and attacks from the Devil coming.
The next part I don't know if it is out of context or not but "to walk upon high places" reminds me of being up in the mountains and on some trails there is only enough room to walk on a very small path and if you don't stay on the path you will fall. I think of the mountain goats that just literally run up the side of the mountains and they don't ever seem to fall but they can go in those places that seem impossible. But the Lord will give us sure-footing to stay on the path that He places us on and if we keep our eyes on Him (if He is before us) we don't ever have to fear staying off the path. So many times we are distracted by the things of the world that we begin to stray and don't even realize it, even to the point of straying so far we feel we are lost, never to find the path again. But the Lord is always there patiently waiting in the shadows for us to call out to Him and bring us back to the path. I just thought that the Lord brought this illustration to my mind and I thought it might make this verse come alive to someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!