Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This is Going to be an Extremely Long One.

Saturday we had a work day at church to work on camp props and things. We got there at 9:30 in the morning and didn't leave until 4:30. Samantha and I were hanging off of the scaffolding all day and tracing the backdrop for the stage. You can imagine the goofiness of us both after hours of tracing with Sharpies and hanging off the scaffolding. I think we both had headaches and were a little "tipsy" by the end of the day. I was working an a little detail painting too on the announcers desk that goes on the stage. The theme is the Olympics and we are going to have our own broadcasting network, The Olympic Network. So things were going well, we were all worn out by the time we left though

I don't recommend hanging off the scaffolding like I am in this picture, I had bruises on my legs the next day.

Samantha smiling as always. Maybe the marker had a little effect on her.

We also went to my cousins graduation Saturday night after the work day. He graduated from Red Lion Christian School. Then another highlight of the weekend was that we ran out of diesel in the car on the way home from church. Thankfully we were right around the corner from home and we could walk the rest of the way. Josiah was so embarassed that his friend next door was going to laugh at him.

On Memorial day we didn't really do much. We did sleep in and for the record I slept in until 9. Then we ate biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast at 11. We decided we didn't need lunch so mom and I did 4 loads of wash and we left to go on a hike. We went to Chickie's Rock and hiked on 2 trails, it was nice, really hot though. By the time we hiked back my legs were tired. I am really out of shape, we hiked a little over a mile. So We came home then and us kids hit the volleyball around after we ate supper.

This is one of the pictures that I took of the trail. I love taking pictures in black and white.

My family

Yesterday we went to Grandma Davis' house like I said earlier. We left around 9:30 in the morning and got down there about 10:30. Grandma wasn't up but Aunt Linda was so we walked around outside for a while and looked at the garden and flowers. Then we stacked wood in the garage that they had delivered that morning. My grandma is stubborn and still burns wood in a wood stove even though she has bad lungs. After that they began on lunch, we had burgers, potato salad, baked mac and cheese( yeah, I know you're jealous Leam!), and lots of other food. After lunch we cleaned up and watched some t.v., then we ran out to Goodwill and Lowe's. We were out for like 3 hours, my aunt Linda likes to shop! They bought a window to replace upstairs, while we were out there was a really nasty storm. So we went back and I installed some curtain tie-backs in the living room. I got to run the hand drill. And then they replaced the window upstairs, and we ate AGAIN. We always eat a lot there. then we were going to leave once we ate but there was another nasty storm coming so we waited it out and watched it from the front porch. Then we came home and I didn't get to post again, we watched a t.v. program on Polygamy. Interesting is all I can say. I am leaving in a couple of minutes to go for my interview and Friendly's so Lord willing this will work out. I was working on my lessons for the fours and fives class that I will be teaching. I am going to focus on character traits that these kids can follow. I am really excited about what I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!