Monday, August 4, 2008

How can we Do the Will of God?


The following is from a sermon preached by my pastor. Sunday nights he has started a series on the Lord's will for young people and for parents to help their young people. I was transferring this to my devotional and I thought that it was really good and might help someone. I know I read anything I can on finding the Lord's will.


How can we do the Will of God?

When we do understand what God wants us to do, Just do it!

1. God reveals His will to us one step at a time
Job 23:10 - We need to be praying; pray and ask Him to show you.

2. Each step requires obedience
Are we really willing to obey what He says?

3. What God orders God provides for.
God can take anything and use it to make our needs. God's will begins as a walk of faith,
we can't see ahead. He isn't going to let us down!
Heb. 10:36- God's going to take care of you
Gen. 22:7-8 - the devil is going to cause you to doubt once you've found God's will for you.
Just get out and do it! Put your faith into action!
Matt. 7:21 - It's all talk until we do it.
Gen. 22:13-14 - Jehovah Jirah, the Lord sees and provides
John 6:35, Phil. 4:19 - What God orders God provides for.

4. Do the things that you've learned!
Phil. 4:9 - Reading your Bible, keep praying, keep trusting the Lord!
Ps. 40:8 - We must delight in it- Christ doesn't give us fear. Have joy in your heart!

1 comment:

  1. my dearest twin. . .this is JUST what I needed today. I got on in hopes that some blog would have encouraging, wise words for me. Thank you! You are a blessing to me even now. ;) i am praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!