
I guess I'm not as good at this as I was. Going to Germany changed me a lot. I'll try to give an update about what's going on.
This week I didn't do much, helped a little with the kids school and we went to the library the one day. I spent Wednesday afternoon with my Dad putting a water line in. All that insulation aggravated me even after I took a shower to get it off. Friday Anna Greer and I had planned a way for me to get down to the Bible college for the Christmas recital. It was really good to see everyone, but in other ways I felt so out of place. I know that it isn't God's will for me to return there to Maryland though. It's not that I don't like it it's just that I know I am not supposed to be there anymore. I am planning on taking some institute classes at my church in the spring.
While I was in Germany the Lord revealed to me how much I had changed in the two years I had been at college. I had become so involved with my life, you know- my friends, my life, my phone, my places to hang out. I had a real eye-opener to who my best friends really should be. You all are some of the most wonderful, godly friends in the world but I realized that I had become more concerned with my friends and their lives that I was neglecting my own family. Mikey had said at one point that one of my hobbies was my family, but now I can say I think he was right. I discovered that the Lord is my best friend and then my family comes next. But going back down to school I didn't want to fall back into that "rut". I love my friends and I thank the Lord for them but it's not about what I want to do with my life but what God wants to do with me. Thankfully it was good to go and see everyone and there were no awkward moments. After the recital we were able to go out to Denny's for a little before I had to leave. When I was saying goodbye to Tim and Rebekah he surprised me by asking me to be a photographer in their wedding. I am so happy that they are having it at my church so I don't have to travel far and figure out where everything is. So that is something to look forward to in February.
I forgot to post, my Dad did really good Sunday night and his message was mainly to parents about A Son's Heart. He used the story of Josiah's sons and how Josiah forgot his first priority- his family and his sons turned out wicked.
On another note, yesterday we drove to a farm and got to pick out a Christmas tree and cut it down. So yesterday after we got home we set it up and decorated it and it is the prettiest tree in the whole world! (At least I think so!)
As for this week, I am going to do a bulletin board at the church, yeah, and it's not even for a class! Samantha has been sick for almost 2 weeks and she had asked me if I would do one down in the Annex. So I will be working on that. Then Friday I will be going into the mall and singing with the choir. That to me is the best and only reason to go to the mall . And I don't know, my sisters have asked me when we are going to go Christmas shopping so we might do that this week. But I love this time of year and to top it off it even snowed last night! I was just praising the Lord that He held it off until after I had gone to the recital.
Oh, one last thought! Pastor Chris (the youth pastor) also asked me today what ministries I would like to be involved in- I told him anything. He mentioned something about being a sponsor for the teen mission trip this summer. So that's all that's going on for me God is good and I can't wait to start some new ministries for Him.
Well I am glad to see that God is being so good to you. He is an awesome God. "He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother". It is cool that you will possibly be able to help out with the mission trip thing.
ReplyDeletethank ya girlie! i needed that!
ReplyDelete