
I was reading me devotions this morning then meditating on what I read. In Psalm 8:4 (which Matt just wrote about) I was thinking of what we have in Christ, what He makes us.
"What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?"
Ps. 8:4
Before we come to know Christ we are pathetic. I think of what I was before I knew Christ: I was a worm, dung, unworthy. If I were to work in the King's palace before I was saved I wouldn't be worthy to even be a maid that empties the chamber pots. I'm sorry if that is inapropriate to some, but that was the dirtiest, foulest, job I could think of. I wouldn't be worthy enough for that! But, God saved me and with Him, as my Father, I am now a daughter of the King. Praise him for his love and kindness to me, a poor wretched sinner. Aren't you so thankful that God makes us all new? And it's the same for guys, He takes you from the lowest position and makes you His son, an heir to the Kingdom! What love! Isn't it just wonderful that we can serve a Father like that?
I was just blown away this morning when I thought it. I hope it was a blessing to someone else.
Great post! kind of neat how both our posts parallel each others (even though I do need to update). I have greatly appreciated your posts, they are always uplifting and encouraging to me. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Tell Matt and Samantha Parks that I said hi (if you want to)
I'm sorry I haven't commented for such a long time!
ReplyDeleteI gave you an award, check out my blog!