Monday, March 30, 2009

Just a Taste of Heaven


I was reading Anna's blog and noticed how she was enjoying the weather yesterday and God's creation. I was feeling the exact same way. I was outside in the early afternoon, before the big storm we had, swinging in the yard thinking about the wonderful Savior that saved me. I am amazed everyday by the small things of creation, I love every little thing, down to the smallest spider. I love it all. I was out there swinging away and praying, somehow I just find it so much easier to talk to the Lord when I am out in His creation. And I was just thanking Him that He created such a beautiful world for me to live in and how thankful I was that He personally cared about me, my needs and my problems . He who runs the universe cares about me and the petty tears I shed concerning life. I am overwhelmed by His love for me! What a tenderhearted, compassionate Savior I serve!
Every time I am outside or around some form or nature, like plants, I love taking in the small things. How things grow. I love it! Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me, like the other day... It was absolutely beautiful outside so I took the dog out and he started sniffing the grass and rolling in it. So I got down on my belly and lay there, in the grass, enjoying the feel and smell of that small part of God's creation: grass. I watched some ants crawl by, listened to the birds singing their praise to the Creator, smelled the sweet smell of spring. Yes, I , a twenty-one year old lady, who's gone to college, taught in Germany, helps teach children in church, laid in the grass. I catch myself doing things like that a lot. I think it was something I learned to appreciate as a child in the many camping trips, hiking adventures, picnics, and other outdoor things that we did (and continue to do). So maybe I am strange and very much like a little child but at least the Lord's given me an appreciation for the small things in life. Maybe that's why I love children so much.
So that was what I was thinking yesterday, well, along with how much I was hungry for a spice cake with cream cheese icing. But that is now remedied, since I made one today. Spice cake and cream cheese icing is wonderful! Enough for now, hopefully when I come back from home on Wednesday, I will remember to bring my cord to hook my camera to the computer so I can post some of my own pictures. Until then I'll keep photographing the "small things" and keep praising the Lord for them.

2 comments:

  1. SPIDERS!??!!????! AAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!! NOOOOO!!! LOL, just kidding. As much as I do not like spiders, I must admit they are fascinating little critters, that the Lord did create, he even mentions them in His Word, so I guess I better start appreciating them more. LOL!!
    Great post though. It continues to baffle me, how people can believe that this world in which we live somehow came into existence by a "big bang" or by some dumb reasoning of their own. How blind people are to the truth.
    Praise God for his Creation as a means to bring people to Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyo Anna!!
    my email is knl132@gmail.com


    ttyl

    Kimby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!