Well, my blogging days are almost to a close again. Tomorrow my aunt returns from North Carolina, and I will go home to my family Sunday morning after church. It's been wonderful to blog again, to catch up on some e-mails, but to tell you the truth, I kept finding myself thinking about blogging but then not really wanting to. I still love it, especially posting on my other blog, but I'm managing without. The other day I took Grandma to the store and she kept asking me what I wanted and I told her "don't buy stuff for me, 'cause I'm only here for 2 more days." I think that offended her a little and she said I sounded anxious to get home. And I told her, I was. I love her and love spending time with her but I miss not having my family with me. She understood.Today was busy, well I guess. My Uncle John and Aunt Karon are in from Tennessee for the weekend, it's been 3 years since they've been up. Yesterday they stopped in for a little but they said they would come out again tonight. No Davis gathering would be complete without a meal, and a big one because there are a lot of people. After finding that out I had to get on the phone and call everyone to tell them what was going on in case they wanted to come and see them. Before this all happened we planned what we were going to eat and settled on lasagna. After getting a rough estimate of how many there would be and notice I said rough estimate- you never know how many will show. I wanted to get as much done as possible before Grandma got up at 11. So after quickly eating breakfast, I set to work. Grandma was worrying about not having enough food, but by the time I finished she was worrying that we weren't going to have enough people to eat it. I made a square 9 by 9 pan, and like a 12 by 20 pan. And I cut up 2 loaves of bread, which reminds me I need to go and make the spread for them, so they are ready to toast. And we are making a big salad. Then Brownies for dessert and I might throw some cookies in for good measure. There's one good thing about Davis get togethers- You Always Eat Good! Both the lasagnas and bread were done by 11:30. And I was off to gather a fresh bouquet of flowers to replace the wilting ones. That done, I took on the task of mowing. Last week I ended up push mowing most of it and this week I was tempted to do it again. Why can't we just go back to the mowers you push, with no power. We'd all be in shape that way. Two and a half hours later and I was finally done. A quick shower and now I am laying on the fresh cut lawn, typing away. I gotta tell ya, I love this 70 degree weather, and tomorrow-74! I'm doing wash tomorrow! Well, enough for today, I've gotta go get busy again. I'll try to post again before I leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!