My God is so good to me! He provides for everything I need and most times things I don’t really need. Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. I have been trying to get ahead in some homework and I was unable to post on Friday like I planned.
Last week was the deadline to sign up for Pastor Swietzer’s Church Planting 2 seminar, and they needed to have 4 people in the class offer it. I really wanted to take it at the beginning of the semester because it is on the Great Commission, starting ministries in the church and running them effectively. He said he would focus some point on Pastor’s wives duties if there were girls in the class. But I balanced my checkbook and, well, I’m just a poor college student. So I accepted it as not being God’s will. He proved me wrong. There were 4 people signed up and then one backed out, so the guys came to supper and said, “Will you take the module?” I told them I really wanted to but I didn’t have money to. They’re reply was “Will you if we pay your way?”. Now they were really tempting me, but my roommate also wanted to take the module and I wasn’t going to have them pay for both of us to take it. So I told them I would pray about it and let them know in the morning. Then I called them later and asked them if they were serious and told them I couldn’t have them pay for both. They said they would if we both wanted to take it. My twin kept telling me this was God’s way of providing for me to take the class, but I wanted to be sure. Later the same night, the person who back out changed their mind and take the class. I was going to tell the guys yes, but now they had no need for the 4th person. So I told them that at breakfast. About five minutes later they said, “So are you going to take the module?”. I told them I was going to tell them yes but they didn’t need me. And they asked the same question, so I told them yes. So that begins not this week but next week. Thus the reason I am trying to get ahead in homework.
Then on Friday and Saturday the neighbors across the road from the school had a yard sale so Greer and I went over and God provided some really good teaching supply things and other items. Things we really didn’t need, only wanted, but God gave them to us for an unreasonably low price. He is so good to us! We were rejoicing in the fact of His love for us no matter how much we fail Him.
As for the rest of college life…Time really does fly the older you get. I realized that in 3 months I will be 22 and my sister will be 16 a month after that. But homework has lightened up a little bit (Shh! don’t let the teachers know I said that!) and for that I am thankful. Just a side note, don’t put chili on to simmer for supper and go to talk to your dean of women. Bad experiences but good results- Taco Bell!
I am very much looking forward to the Thanksgiving break coming up in three weeks. I need that bit of a break to recharge me for the rest of the semester. Plus any chance to hang out with my family it an added benefit, especially when you add 4-wheelers in there!
God’s Word is so rich and He gives us exactly what we need every day. Like Greer said the other day, It’s so nice to be doing God’s will and not worrying about whether you know God’s will or not. Why do we complicate the promises of God? I have learned but about prayer these last few weeks and even for about faith and trust in God. He is so faithful and loving to us, why do we not trust Him? Anyway enough of my post, it’s a book now and no one reads those now a days! God Be with you till I post again!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!