You may be thinking in your mind, “I know I am not called to missions, this has nothing to do with me.”. But you are wrong. This question is one that we all need to ask ourselves.
I know that everyone is not called to foreign missions but I do believe that every one is called to a mission field. You are starting to think, “This girl is loopy!” Hang on just one minute before you completely blow me off. A mission is a job to accomplish, right? Well in the Christian life we all have a job to accomplish. So a mission field would be the place we are to accomplish that job. Does this make sense so far? Well here is what the Lord has been showing me.
Some people are called the foreign mission field, that is where God has called them to. There are other who feel God has called them to reach their own country, or people. These people whom God has called to reach their own country and people are no less called to missions than the foreign missionary, they just have a different mission field.
So I began to think of other things. Some of us are called to reach our own country, for me that is America, and that is great because our own country needs the Gospel just as much as the foreign countries do. But what about some other mission fields?
For parents: Guess what? Your mission field is your home, the children you bring into this world are going to have an effect on the world. Are you raising them in the ways of the world?Follow your requirements according to the Word of God. You are to reach the mission field of your family first.
For every saved believer: Where God has placed you right now is the mission field He has placed you in. The church you are in is to be your mission field, the people in it, your people. The community that you live in is your mission field, those lost souls that you pass every day in the store are your people. You will be held accountable for those that you pass and never tell the Gospel.
Teachers: Your mission field are those precious, but sometimes trying, children in your classroom. They may be from a Christian home but that doesn’t mean that they are being brought up in the ways of God. Do all you can to build the character and moral in those children that they will need to be the godly generation of tomorrow.
So have you figured out your mission field? Where has God called you to? If you know you are doing God’s will for you life right now, then you are right in the mission field God has placed you in. So don’t think that just because you aren’t called to the foreign mission field you don’t have a mission field. Reach your mission field!
Great post!!! And I just realized that you have the Jim Elliot quote at the top of your blog that I have been wanting to find. Now I can write it down in my book of quotes. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeletewow! that was awesome twin! I can't wait to talk with you!
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right about that! Did you write that all yourself or did you get it from somewhere? Yes the mission is the goal, not the place all we need is the mind of Christ to see it halalujah!!!
ReplyDelete