Friday, March 26, 2010

Learning Lessons

I haven't posted in a while and I had a little extra time. My Roommates both went home and so I have a weekend with plenty of time to myself and to get much work done. Even the plans I had so far to day have been pretty much annihilated. But I'm not worried about that God knows what I need to be doing.
I am not normally one to count down the days until something happens but I am counting down the days until I go home. In Seven days I get to go home and be with my family for the first time in 2 1/2 months. I have to come back on Sunday for five more days and then the 9 days of spring break begins. I plan on not taking any homework with me, I want a real spring break. I plan on getting dirty planting my flower garden, riding four-wheeler, staying a night at my Grandma's house, goofing off with my siblings, sleeping in, not thinking about school, and maybe a few other things.
The Lord has been teaching me a lot through this last week. I've been learning about being content where God has me, even though I grow tired of going through the battles and struggles of being here. I've been convicted of not being thankful for the authority at school that God has put me under, He put them here because that's is what I needed. The Lord used His Word in Isaiah 24 to show me I had wandered and God pointed out to me that he put me where I am because I needed it. He puts us in those places so we can strive to know Him better, and to seek Him with our whole heart. And that's something I was growing slack in. I was praying about plans but I kept trying to figure out how God could fix the problems. Since I saw this, I've seen the Lord work out situations already this week that have amazed me. I am so thankful we have a Father who patiently teaches us.
So I shall spend much needed time with Him this weekend and get some other homework done, Lord willing.

2 comments:

  1. My Twin... I too have been trying to figure out how He would fix the problems rather than LEAVING everything in His hands... and I too am so thankful He is patient with us and He LOVES us!!! Praying you have a great weekend refreshed in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you often and have been praying for you, Anna. Contentment is IN CHRIST not our circumstances. I love you, Momma.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!