Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Start of Our Revival

I can't believe that it has been so long since I last posted! Not that I haven't had anything to post but haven't had much time.
We have revival going on at my church this week and Sunday nights message was really good. It was basically a message pleaing with people to surrender to Christian service. Brother Ron Comfort gave some staggering statistics of the world. If you have ever been to another country you understand a little of the need.
75% of the world has heard of Coca Cola, and 50% has tried it, but only 10% of the world has heard the gospel!
I was burdened by the fact that I begun to be complacent in my Christian life, kind of nonchalant in my ministries, which ought not to be. My heart cried out that many teens would see the need. Brother Comfort asked who was going to take the place of those faithful people in leadership when they pass on to glory. I know I don't deserve to take their place but I want to be available and usable for the Lord. But I was praying that it would click to the teens, and at the invitation 8 came forward to surrender for Full time Christian service. It was good, but pray that they would remember this and not take back the string they've now given to the Lord. I so want God to use me for His service, it's an ache that fills my being. There's nothing that soothes it but serving Him.
Well I need to go and get ready for church tonight. I'll try to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!