Thursday, November 4, 2010

Don't Leave off the End!



I have been dying to post on here for a while and yet I struggle to find the time and the connection to post. But right now I am managing with one bar of wireless, Lord willing I will be able to finish and it will last.

We had an evangelist last night at church and though he didn't have long to speak what he said was an encouragement and a reminder. Many time when we read Scripture or memorize Scripture we sometimes forget "parts".


  • Turn to Psalms 40:1-2

  • You probably have this memorized but maybe you were like me and forgot the end of verse 2.

Praise the Lord He hears us when we call. When we are out of fellowship with the Lord it's like that horrible pit - dark, cold, alone, and you can't see the way out. It's also like the mirey clay- you may be able to see things but you cannot do anything to get anywhere, your stuck right where you are.


When we realize our broken fellowship and call on Him, He hears us and brings us out and sets us on that rock- sure, sound, secure. But the verse doesn't end there! He sets us on the rock long enough to establish where we are to be going. And he only wants us there long enough to give us our orders and send us off.

We have this common misconception that we need to wait on God to make the decision of what He wants us to do. Wrong! He already has our future all planned out and we only need to seek His face to get our orders.

I thought it was really interesting and it makes me wonder How many other verses are like that? What other verses do I only look at the beginning and forget the end? Maybe that will spark your interest too!

I have missed posting and hopefully I will have time to post something every now and then about what God has been teaching me. Until then... Keep Following Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!