Saturday, March 19, 2011

Plea for God's Sustaining Grace

So I haven't posted for a while and I planned on doing it week ago, with pictures and all. I have a ton of post ideas in my head and just can't find the time to sit and write them.

Praise the Lord for His sustaining grace. Last night my grandpa called around 11 and said that my step-uncle(who is younger than me) was really upset and said he was going to take his life. So we went to bed praying and not really expecting anything bad to happen. But a phone call this morning, changed everything. You never realize how much suicide of a loved one can cause such pain, until it hits home.

I ask that you pray for my family, that God's grace will continue to be sufficient and we can be the testimony that He would have us to be. I can't imagine going through something like this without having Christ. How do people in the world have comfort?

I could not do without Thee, O Jesus, Saviour dear;
E'en when my eyes are 'holden, I know that Thou art near.
How dreary and how lonely this changeful life would be
Without the Sweet communion, the secret rest with Thee!
~Frances R. Havergal~
I Could Not Do Without Thee

3 comments:

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!