
Life Gets busy and faster with each passing day,
Of that I am convinced.
Over the past month so much has happened…
Graduation from college,
Violin student Recitals,
Showers,
Yard sale finds (which I still have pictures to post),
House Hunting,
Wedding planning,
Volleyball playing,
Friend Visiting,
Marriage Counseling,
Thrift shopping/ Bargain Hunting,
Working,
Bulletin Board making,
Wedding dress cleaning,
Camp preparing,
Gardening (I almost have zucchini ready!),
Trusting,
Waiting,
Learning.
Every week has gone by and there is something I want to post,
Something I’ve found,
Something I’ve learned,
Something really Random that has no point at all.
But it seems like it gets harder and harder to post,
Probably because I spend so much time researching and hunting for coupons and deals
For the wedding,
But I meant to post,
And I have kept up with everyone else’s blogs.
I’ve even sat and tried to write posts, but I was
either interrupted
Or too scatterbrained to think straight.
(Does anyone else ever feel like their brain is flying in 50 different directions at one time?)
I feel like a broken record but I so long for the simple life:
Quiet,
Laid back,
No major planning,
Just time to do nothing
But
see God’s hand in everything.
My most recent bargain find was just the other day. Mom and I were coming home from Grandma’s and wanted to swing by a house for rent.
On the way we passed a desk by the road.
It looked Old.
;)
Just my kind of thing!
So I turned around and went back to look at it and figure out how to get it into my Jeep.
It was a solid wood desk, Dad later determined it was Walnut.
There was a little bit of mold on it but it has since been scrubbed off.
Dad said it was a good piece of workmanship, it has dovetailed drawers and it very heavy.
But I love it! The thought of doing my devotions there,
Or Lord Willing writing more blog post articles,
Sounds wonderful.
And…
It was free!
I love a good deal. And that day as I drove away with it in my Jeep I thought
Of how good my God is to provide such a piece of furniture for me.
He knows the things that I love,
Even the seemingly simple pointless things to others.
I saw God’s fingerprint, as Mr. Vinny would say and
I feel so unworthy of His care.
I promise I will strive to post again soon. We are planning on printing the invitation on Saturday,
Maybe I’ll give you a sneak peak of the invitations I designed.
But I can’t make any promises.
Of that I am convinced.
Over the past month so much has happened…
Graduation from college,
Violin student Recitals,
Showers,
Yard sale finds (which I still have pictures to post),
House Hunting,
Wedding planning,
Volleyball playing,
Friend Visiting,
Marriage Counseling,
Thrift shopping/ Bargain Hunting,
Working,
Bulletin Board making,
Wedding dress cleaning,
Camp preparing,
Gardening (I almost have zucchini ready!),
Trusting,
Waiting,
Learning.
Every week has gone by and there is something I want to post,
Something I’ve found,
Something I’ve learned,
Something really Random that has no point at all.
But it seems like it gets harder and harder to post,
Probably because I spend so much time researching and hunting for coupons and deals
For the wedding,
But I meant to post,
And I have kept up with everyone else’s blogs.
I’ve even sat and tried to write posts, but I was
either interrupted
Or too scatterbrained to think straight.
(Does anyone else ever feel like their brain is flying in 50 different directions at one time?)
I feel like a broken record but I so long for the simple life:
Quiet,
Laid back,
No major planning,
Just time to do nothing
But
see God’s hand in everything.
My most recent bargain find was just the other day. Mom and I were coming home from Grandma’s and wanted to swing by a house for rent.
On the way we passed a desk by the road.
It looked Old.
;)
Just my kind of thing!
So I turned around and went back to look at it and figure out how to get it into my Jeep.
It was a solid wood desk, Dad later determined it was Walnut.
There was a little bit of mold on it but it has since been scrubbed off.
Dad said it was a good piece of workmanship, it has dovetailed drawers and it very heavy.
But I love it! The thought of doing my devotions there,
Or Lord Willing writing more blog post articles,
Sounds wonderful.
And…
It was free!
I love a good deal. And that day as I drove away with it in my Jeep I thought
Of how good my God is to provide such a piece of furniture for me.
He knows the things that I love,
Even the seemingly simple pointless things to others.
I saw God’s fingerprint, as Mr. Vinny would say and
I feel so unworthy of His care.
I promise I will strive to post again soon. We are planning on printing the invitation on Saturday,
Maybe I’ll give you a sneak peak of the invitations I designed.
But I can’t make any promises.
Post a picture of your desk - it sounds beautiful. And I'd love to see the invitations you designed!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to read your post. I still owe you an email and all in good time. :) Planning a wedding and finding a home are fun things. I have been there. God is very good and will provide all the things you need. :)
ReplyDelete