- There is the beauty of waking up every morning beside a man and feeling so unworthy of being his wife
- The beauty of 3:30. This is when my husband gets off and I know in less than 15 minutes he will come home to me and I will meet him at the door. We then take time to talk and just relax together before supper.
- The beauty of laundry. Yes, I think laundry is beautiful because I have a man to care for, to wash and iron his clothes and place in his dresser (finally! Thanks again Mom!)
- The beauty of simple things. We randomly pick up small things when we are outside: rocks feathers, pieces of clay I formed into cubes from when we went on a date to the races. I have a place to display them. Reminders of the things we do together, whether it be a simple walk or drive.
- The beauty of meal planning and grocery shopping. I really enjoy sitting down and figuring out a weeks worth of meals. I don’t ever have to worry about what I am going to make or if I have everything I need. When I do go to the store I grab meat that is on sale and throw it in the freezer. Right now I think I have enough supplies that I won’t have to go to the store next week. I am a bargain shopper, I take my grocery papers to Walmart to get the comparison pricing. Everywhere I can save makes me happy.
- The beauty of the spontaneous. Whether it’s when I’m standing at the stove and my man comes up and unties my apron strings or when he randomly picks me up and walks around with me. And times where he decides we should go out and grab a frosty just because.
- The beauty of walking past a room where my husband is reading the Word of God and asking God to make him the leader He wants him to be. And the beauty continues with the joy of fellowship, reading God’s Word together every night. Oh how much that means to me!
Marriage is a beautiful thing and these are some of the things that give me joy everyday that I never realized. I love staying at home, taking care of my man.
So happy for you! :)
ReplyDelete