Friday, October 4, 2013

 Almost twenty years ago, I got a new friend. I just didn’t know how good that friend would be.
But through the years, that friendship would grow sweeter and closer.




 To think that I was jealous of this person,
Just because I would now have to share my parents.
My sister.



 Your were my first full time playmate,
but I was always in charge because I was a good six years older.
 But no one was to pick on you and get away with it.



 Through the years I’ve watched you grow,
Convicting me of things I should be stronger in.


 You blossomed into an amazing writer,
And I’m proud to say you are my sister.

 And now, now with tears of joy (and sadness, I guess)
I’m watching you begin a new chapter in your book of life.


 You’ve followed God,
And He’s brought a man into your life.



 Now my playmate is getting married.
And I can still remember all those times of play and laughter just like we did it yesterday.


 We’ve been lots of places,
Made more memories than most people only dream of,


 And have a family bond that is closer than any I’ve ever known.

 I just want you to know that I Love you so much.

 I’ll be missing you as you move away,
But you’ll only be a phone call or a Skype chat away.

I’ll be missing you as you move away,
But you’ll only be a phone call or a Skype chat away.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I love you and miss you! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!