Thursday, April 17, 2014

Of Bulletin Boards, Hikes, and Peanut Butter Eggs

Alrighty, Now where to begin…

I feel like a headless chicken this week, so much going on at once, but my friend assured me that my head was still attached!Hmmm… I’m trying to finish painting my bulletin board so I can put it up tonight. Here’s to Tonya for drawing such a cute picture, it was supposed to be a children’s coloring page but I made it into a bulletin board.

IMG_0486

I just love the frog with his blue jeans and red shirt. I’ll take a picture when it’s all done and on the board. I also am busy learning how to edit the bulletin and prayer requests flyer, and print them double sided! Eek!

IMG_0487

I finished crocheting the blanket I was working on, after having to rip out a problem square two separate times. It’s my own fault for doing something as complex as a variegated granny square with 3 colors instead of 2. I forgot to take a picture of that…I have to dig it back out of the closet.

So on I moved to the next project. I put together this small baby quilt and it has been waiting to be quilted, but I was sure to finish the project I started first(the crocheted blanket).

IMG_0488

IMG_0489

And since I was a horrible wife and didn’t make Working Man peanut butter truffles at Christmas I made him peanut butter eggs. I finally finished them off yesterday, dipping and decorating, not eating them all!

IMG_0419

This past weekend I was able to be the photographer for my friends homeschool graduation. That was fun, even if I was wearing camo to her mom.She kept asking where I was when I was standing about 5 feet from her each time.

 

Then Saturday,since my husband didn’t have to work and we didn’t have something else going on I suggested we go hiking at this nearby park. It was good to get out and walk again since it’s turkey season again and I can’t go in the woods at home.

We thought this sign was hilarious

IMG_0463

Was a skull and crossbones necessary? The “waterfall” was small and actually it was piped in over the rock so it was a more concentrated stream of water.

IMG_0456

There was a historical site on the trail too. It was an old home site of a local family from the early 1900’s. There wasn’t much left of the foundation, but we did find out where two by fours come from…they grow on trees!

IMG_0474

It had been there a while. I made Working Man stand under it to show how high it really was.

IMG_0475

Anyway I’ve go to go, painting awaits, packing to be done for the weekend, a husband to pick up because the brakes are torn of the car, and the list goes on…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!