Well, I think most people don’t know this:
I used to sometimes wish I was a boy.
Dad used to work us like a boy sometimes anyway.
No really I wished I was a boy because I wanted to preach.
You laugh.
I loved all those missionary biographies of great men.
You know, David Livingston, Jim Elliot, David Brainerd,
ect…
And I wanted to be a missionary preacher like them.
Mostly like David Livingstone, in Africa. Never mind that Africa didn’t need explored and mapped anymore during my time period.
This was probably the reason I always insisted we play Missions Conference with my younger siblings, while I was a teenager. I was always the Lady Missionary from Africa, like Mary Slessor.
Except I didn’t preach, only report and sing the special.
Anyway, Sometimes in college I wanted to be able to preach too, mainly because I saw things going on that needed addressed.
And if I’m honest, every now and then I think I’d like to be a man, but then I remember the responsibility that comes with it and I am glad to be a lady with the protection of my husband.
There you have it,
I wanted to be a boy.
You can still come to Africa though :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys!