Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Idle Hands? Ha!

So I must admit that the blog challenge wore me out a bit.

Plus I really haven’t been on the internet anywhere to post.

But I though I would finally update.

The ladies of the church have been busy.

We’ve been quilting:

IMG_2762

{This one is done!}

IMG_2759

{And this one is halfway quilted and maybe finished today!}

Those that could had a surprise lunch for a friend from church that’s just had a lot going on. It was great to have a “Ladies Day” at Sweet Tomatoes. Soup and Salad Buffet!

I realized that I didn’t post pictures from the fair either. I didn’t take many pictures but we did go over to the saw mill and fire rescue equipment.

IMG_2771

And more pictures of milk bottles, because I think they are cool.

IMG_2787

IMG_2788IMG_2789

HumptyDumpty says:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,

a glass of milk in his hand,

“Delicious, Nutritious”,

He cried to All.

“The best tasting milk in the land!”

And lately I’ve been busy on Christmas projects but I can’t post pictures of those.

And I have a 1000 piece puzzle started which I hope to finish tonight.

And yesterday I made handsoap with some soap bar scraps that I had been saving in a baggie under the bathroom sink. (You know all those pieces when the bar is almost gone?Yup those)

I chopped them up, put them in a pan on low heat with water, and stirred it every once in a while.

IMG_3127

Notice my “new” old pans I got over the weekend at the flea market. They are cast iron covered in enamel. I got 2 pans, 2 pots and 2 lids for $25!

IMG_3128

This is the bar soap scraps. This is the finished product. A pint mason jar of hand soap, BUT after sitting overnight it really thickened. So when I use it in the pump I will add more water.

IMG_3129

And since I was making soap I decided to use the vanilla sugar spice Yardly’s bar my sister bought me last year and make body wash out of it.

IMG_3130

I didn’t take a picture of the finished bodywash, but it smells amazing.

And I need to post pictures of the latest couple photo shoot that I did. And get busy editing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!