Thursday, November 26, 2015

This Day of Thanks

Greetings! I'm back.
I just wanted to take a moment and check back into the blogging world.
I promise there are posts in the works, and I'm not going to quit blogging. I just am in a rut of         un-inspiration to write. Meaning, I have ideas, but when I sit to write it's not flowing. So I  am not forcing it. But I will write soon. I think everyone has given up checking my blog right now anyway. But onward to today's post...
 
This Day of Thanks.
Thanksgiving.
Our day set aside to make ourselves give thanks for what the Lord has done in our lives.
I feel this day has been crowded out by the commercialism of "black Friday" starting Thursday nights now. I feel like it's just that holiday where food is the center of the holiday, and don't get me wrong, I like food. I know in my own life Thanksgiving sort of sneaked up on me. My sister and I were laughing about it yesterday, "yeah, Thanksgiving, that's like next week, right?" "Uh, Thanksgiving is tomorrow!"
Really I have been meditating on the holiday this week. Mostly thinking about how Thanksgiving for a believer, for me, should be a special time to gather and celebrate the goodness of God.
But I want Thanksgiving to be more than just a holiday in my life.
I want it to be my way of life.
Thanksgiving. every. day.
"I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." - Ps. 34:1
We had a Thanksgiving service last night at church and a large part of it was testimony time. And I wanted to give a testimony but I didn't think I was going to be able to keep my composure. So I am going to share it here.
I want to thank the Lord for my salvation. But mostly this thanksgiving, I am so thankful to the Lord for the long, dry spells. The seemingly endless dark valleys in the desert. I can't see Him, but I know He is there. And the times of refreshing become so much sweeter after walking those desert valleys.
May You enjoy this Day of Thanks,
 but may it become our every day way of life.

3 comments:

  1. I am still checking up on you every week or so! I love following your blog and I am looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check up on you often. You are on my heart and mind often. Thankful to know how I can pray for you. Your posts are always a blessing and encouragement to me. :) Keep on writing, Anna, you are making a difference. :)

    ~Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!