Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Life Update

Hello Blog Friends! I know, I said close to two weeks ago I was going to post about my water challenge update, but life has gotten in the way lately. Busy life. I thought I'd give a brief update on what's been going on around here.
As I write it's raining out my window, a gray overcast sky above. I don't mind. In fact I really do like rainy days, they make me feel more contemplative, and more inspired to write. If only I had more hours to this day.

Creating
I haven't posted anything in this regard for a while, so I am backed up. I always have something going, but it's so fulfilling to finish some things.
1 &7 are bridal shower invitations I designed for my sister-in-laws upcoming shower.
2&8 lavender embroidery I just finished yesterday that will be part of the decorations for the shower
3. embroidery thread, I've constantly been using this.
4. Baby sperry's  I crocheted, this is actually the second pair. The first was a Christmas present to my
     nephew.
5&9 are the baby quilt I made using scraps from the lap quilt I made for our previous land lady.
6,10&15 is a piece of embroidery I dreamed up after not finding anything like it on Pinterest or  
     Google.
11. This is a very destroyed ottoman that goes with a chair that belonged to Working Man's
     granddaddy, I love this set, but they were well worn(the ottoman as a cat scratching post). So I am
     in the process of recovering the ottoman right now and planning on making a slipcover for the
    chair once we move. I am super Excited about this project and look forward to showing before and
    after pictures later.
12. This was what my living room looked like for days as I made thank you cards for my sister-in-
    law and began designing the invitations. Craft room, I dream of you every day...
13&14. This was so much fun! It is a crochet hook holder. (which also hold needles and scissors). I
    wanted something to coral all my hooks. Plus I got to use some of my vintage fabric THAT I
    LOVE. The whole thing took maybe an hour to make. I used interfacing/fusing for the first time
    too, easier than I thought to use. I used this and this.

Water Challenge
Can I just say this has been what it says for the last week and a half? A Challenge. Last week was a very mixed up, not in the plans kind of week so I really failed on my water intake. And this week has been a challenge too. I have deduced that Sundays are really hard for me to get all my water, because I am in church so, those morning hours I don't have my water jug sitting around to drink from. Most days this week I have done it or at least only been about 4oz. shy of my mark.
And I will try to post that green tea recipe before the month is out.

Reading/Learning
I have been learning and being convicted and reminded of many things lately. One of the things that I really want to focus on this year is How I Need the Holy Spirit, what He does in my life and how I can live a Spirit-filled life. And it is neat the way the Lord has laid in place messages at church in that regard, reminding me to study it, learn it, apply it.
I just finished reading a book for John R. Rice on God and the family and it was a good read. But I am very excited to have purchased this:

I read the introduction today and had to make myself stop reading. I saw this book popping up the last few weeks and since I have been studying Hospitality and the Bible, this looked like a great addition to my resources. After reading the intro today I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. This was what I wrote in my journal today:
"I want to create a home that is a reflection of the God I love.
A God of beauty, order, and design. A God who is love, the very
definition of love. A home where peace and rest can be found, just like
it is found in Him. A home that is open to all, a balm to all. One that lifts up but also
lovingly rebukes the wrong. A home where good food and god-honoring
fellowship go hand in hand. God is not the author of confusion, and my home
shouldn't be one of chaos because it is a false reflection of Him. I want home to
always be a place of learning, where room is given to grow.
I want people to leave my home and say to one another,
'Wow! She loves the Lord and what a home of beauty and rest.'"
 
Personal
I have spent a large majority last week checking in on my grandma who was sick. Sitting with her, getting her what she needed. Got to see my family a little on Saturday too. Visited my mom's side of the family yesterday, catching pictures of Eli my cousin's baby. What a cutie!
This week and next will probably be a whirlwind, most of my thoughts are consumed with the brunch shower I am throwing for my Sister in law. Food, games, prized, decorating, all that fun stuff. I'm off today to do some running errands before coming home to pack and head to Working Man's Dad's before church. Only a few more weeks and we will be moving in with him to help care for him, right after the wedding in April.
I better end now. I really do need to hit the road. 
 



8 comments:

  1. So much to love in this post! Absolutely love the hexagons and will most likely be mimicking them soon. Love the crochet hook holder....will you do a tutorial for that? And that book! Already showed it to Shane...it is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you follow the links, there is an excellent tutorial pdf, so I won't be doing one. But I am in the process of two more because they would be awesome colored pencil carriers for kids. I did another hexegon piecework but didn't put the picture on. Working on projects for an etsy shop.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I find Sunday's are hard to get all the water in too! I've really been enjoying doing this challenge though, and knowing I'm doing it with someone else makes me make sure I'm drinking what I should!!! :)
    ~Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it more fun and challenging to do it with someone else.!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the lavender embroidery! It is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was actually on a whim when I was sitting with grandma last week. I forgot my hexagon template and just tried the lavender .

      Delete
  4. I really like the chevron baby quilt! Did you make the chevron using strips instead of triangles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did the strip kind and it was really easily.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!