My February water challenge was quite the challenge. And the beginning of March was rather too busy to write about the rest of the water challenge.
Bring to a boil. Take off the heat once boiling.
Add
Can be used as past of your water intake. Drink up to one 20oz glass a day.
I struggled the last two weeks of the challenge because of being so busy and I didn't get to the iced green tea recipe. But despite my failures at drinking my quota every day I did notice a few things:
- I only had one headache the whole month. I don't have headaches often anyway, but tend to get them more often when I'm busy and have different sleep patterns. I really think the one headache that I did have I think was in relation to eye strain.
- My next observation is only a hunch, but I ended up catching my husband's cold the beginning on March. I'm wondering if maybe I could have spared myself the cold if I had kept up with drinking the amount of water I should have. I just know that water flushes your body of toxins and helps your immune system work at top notch. Like I said it's just my hunch.
- I knew the last one could happen, but since I am on the mark for my height, age, and body weight it was kind of surprising. I weighed myself at the beginning of February and then weighed myself just for kicks March 2nd. I lost about 10 pounds! I think it was water weight. And I will say since the beginning of this month has been busy and I haven't focused on drinking all that water, I feel yucky again. Sort of bloated like.
My goal this month, since the Bridal shower I threw is over, is to get back to drinking up the water. Well, that and finish eating up all the sweet stuff lying everywhere in my house.
To help with that I am going to make a half gallon of my tea, I haven't in a couple weeks. So here is that recipe. Feel free to tweek it to your own preference. I do switch it up sometimes and use different tea. I really like peach tea, or I have used a white tea with fruit flavor.
There are many benefits of Red Raspberry Leaf tea, especially for ladies. I started drinking it over a year ago to help balance my hormones, and it really did work for me. I won't take the time to go into detail here. But there are two excellent articles that I read on the subject: one by Jacqueline @Deep Roots at Home and the other at The Pistachio Project.
Red Raspberry Green Tea
1 Medium saucepan with cold waterBring to a boil. Take off the heat once boiling.
Add
- 1/2 Red Raspberry leaf herb (I got my last batch from Bulk Herb Store)
- 4 regular sized green tea bags or two family sized bags (or any tea of your choice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried stevia leaf (this is a plant based sweetener)
Can be used as past of your water intake. Drink up to one 20oz glass a day.
Have you noticed any changes doing the water challenge?

After doing the water challenge, I just felt healthier!! I was hoping to lose some weight on it, but didn't! Oh well! Lol!....but it was good to do it, and I still try to concentrate on drinking a good amount of water!! :) I'm glad you got some good results!!!
ReplyDelete~Dee