Wednesday, November 8, 2017
14 Days of Written Thanks Challenge
Happy Wednesday afternoon friends!
Today I wanted to share something I'm doing starting this Friday, actually I was thinking of posting this on Friday and then I thought, everyone might want a few days to prepare before the actual day. I'm starting the challenge on Friday, November 10th, and continuing on for two weeks, ending on the day of Thanksgiving.
I was thinking of how I wanted to do something a little special for Working man this year to let him know how much I love and appreciate him. And then I thought how it might encourage other readers to be a blessing to those around them. You can do the challenge with whomever you wish, I'm doing it for my husband, but maybe you feel your children need a little encouragement, or maybe your parents or you best friend.
I'll share what I'm doing and another option I found, but feel free to run with the idea. I'll mostly put my husbands in his lunch box during the week and during the weekend in his dresser drawers, on his pillow, or on his Bible.
A few months ago I picked up a pack of stick it notes at the Dollar tree because I was low around the house and who can beat a four pack for $1? I decided for my challenge to use 14 sticky notes and pull out some of my autumn and thank you stamps.
In probably less than 10 minutes I had stamped all fourteen notes. I chose to leave them stuck together so they don't get unsticky because of me moving them around.
I'm focusing on things I love or are thankful about my husband, not neccessarily long notes, just specific character traits I see in him. For my own convience and sanity I chose to fill them out ahead of time instead of remembering to do them the night before I need them.
If you don't have much time or the resouces to make your own notes I found a cute printable on Pinterest that would work just perfect for this. Their printable has 12 notes on it, so you could print two and have extras or just do the challenge for 12 days instead. You should be able to click the link right here, they are from the website HelloBee.
I just want to take fourteen days to focus on being an encourager to my husband. To lift him up and let him know what he means to me.
Labels:
Challenge,
Encouragement,
My Life as a Wife,
Thankfulness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love this idea!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I was fun to do and it helped so much having them pre-done.
Delete