Monday, February 11, 2008

Lessons Learned



Well, it seemed like a lot has happened this weekend. Friday night we had a great first social parlor of the spring semester, learning some new games and playing some old favorites. And just for the record I finally beat Sandy at Checkers, with Isaiah only helping a little. But after social parlor I talked to my family for an hour and a half, I always love hearing their voice even though sometimes we don't have a whole lot to talk about. And so I talked to them and to Kirsten. I had a wonderful talk with Kirsten Thursday night and Friday and Last night, I love talking to her and I am so proud of her for everything that she is working on. So I felt like I didn't get a lot done on Friday so I was determined to get more homework done on Saturday and I did and I even managed to exercise 2 times that day too. I pitched some softball with Maggz and Sandy and then we played some volleyball in the gym after supper. But I was able to get all my reading homework done, my Isaiah paper done, my visual traced, and some other things too. And then I talked to Mikey on the phone, I enjoy talking to him, he just listens to me talk and talk. He a great friend.

Sunday was wonderful! they are my absolute favorite day of the week. One of the boys that rides the bus, Ronald, hadn't been in Jr. Church for 2 weeks so I asked Mikey, who works on the bus if Ronald came this Sunday(I was asking him after our Sunday school class right before Church started). He was and Mikey said that Chance, another little boy on the bus, came today also. See, Chance doesn't like coming to church, he says he s it and some weeks are worse than others, well Mikey said that it was one of those weeks. So I went to Jr. Church like I usually do and I saw there was a seat by Chance so I went and sat by him. He was great, I talked to him a little, just asked him some basic stuff about himself and he participated in everything. When it was time to sing he was a little hesitant and didn't want to at first, but after we sang the first song he said that he liked that one but no other ones. Then we came to Romans 12:1 which is a marching one and Mary,who leads songs, asked me to come up and help so I asked Chance if he wanted to help me, and he was still a little hesitant but he came up and he was marching and singing. It was wonderful and he even wanted to go up front and help with the next song too. I was really good to see him completely different in Jr. Church and I think he had a good time. So I think I am going to make it my goal to get him to enjoy coming to church. So I have a great time in Jr. Church yesterday.

Nursing home was a little different, we have been praying for salvation for a lady named Miss Emily for a long time. Rachel had gotten to know her well but she was a very firm Catholic and never responded to salvation. She had had a stroke over Christmas break and she was getting worse every week that we visited. This Sunday Rachel went to visit her and the nurses said that she had passed away this past week, Rachel took it really hard and the rest of us were quite shocked also. But only the Lord knows if she came to Him before passing away.
And then today...
It was a typical Monday, things seemed to be going wrong and I was stressed because I had fallen back asleep after my alarm went off, so I was in a bad mood with no really good excuse. And by the time I sat down for hot breakfast I was just grumbling about everything. I was going on and on and Sandy goes,"In everything give thanks." Slam! It was right there in my face. I was complaining like there was no tomorrow and there were a whole lot more things that I could talk about and give thanks for. So the Lord used Sandy to wake me up this morning and quit looking at myself and wanting others to feel bad for me. Then during the whole first period of Biology all I could thing about was the song from Patch the Pirate that goes:"Rejoice evermore, pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks to God." Yeah I was guilty of complaining and I needed reprimanded. But I better stop for now. I hope maybe something in this post made you think about something; there is always something to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!