
I was reading in Proverbs this morning and it amazes me that however many times I read the same passage in the Bible there is always something there that I've never seen before. The Lord's love is evident in the instruction he gives us in His book. Back to what I was reading in Proverbs...
I was reading Proverbs 15, and verse 21 was one of the verses that stuck out to me this morning. It says,"Folly is joy to him that is destitute of wisdom: but a man of understanding walketh uprightly." I decided to look up some of the key words and I found out some interesting things. The word folly means Silliness and the word destitute means void of heart. So the beginning of this verse tells us that there are people out there that act silly all the time; I know, Sandy and I are pretty crazy a lot of the time. So I was thinking does this mean that I am not wise to goof off sometimes, does it show that I lack wisdom, which I know I do; but does it really make me foolish? I was thinking on this and wondering does the Lord want us to act mature all the time and you know still laugh and have a good time but never to let it go too far? So I went on to study the rest of the verse. We all want to be one that is a man/lady of understanding, and we've heard of walking uprightly but what did it really mean? The word uprightly in this passage meant: to be right, pleasant, and prosperous. Wow! So if we are right with God and our goal is to follow Him, we don't have to be a sour, "old", never-have-any-fun Christians. It says that we will be pleasant; people will enjoy being around us and we can have a good time, I believe that there are times for both. Times to be mature and times to just relax and have a good time goofing off, as long as it is not hurting someone else or annoying someone else. We can laugh and have a good time, the joy of the Lord is our strength! How can we not be happy and joyful for what the Lord does in our life? And then the last adjective is that we will be prosperous, this isn't talking about being rich, financially or even in material possessions. Think of all that the Lord blesses us with every day: Food, shelter, His Word, friends, family, salvation, a home in heaven, and a Father that listens to us at any time of day or night. These are only to name a few; but Oh what we take for granted! So today take time to goof off and have a good time, but take time to thank the Lord for His Word and all the things He blesses you with every day.
With you all the way girl! =)
ReplyDeleteanother quick comment. . . just to let you know. . . you might want to change your link for mbbc. . . try clicking on it. =)
ReplyDelete