Monday, February 25, 2008

Where Do I begin?



Well, another crazy Monday. I thought that this saying was quite appropriate for today. It seems like the Lord loves giving me things that I can't handle on my own so that He can reveal His power to me. We are such a wretched people; no matter how many times we go through something we can't handle and He shows His power we still seem to forget it and doubt again. But it is very hard to do as this picture says, "Liking the things in which we have to do"; that is very hard to do. The Lord has been teaching me things this week and I don't even know where to begin explaining all the things that I've learned. This past week I didn't post at all because I was in a module all week. A module is a semester long course, crammed into one week; it is mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting but so worth it. The module was with Pastor Keith Sweitzer and it was on Biblical Counseling. He taught us how we can better counsel people, even if we are never in full time Christian service it is still the responsibility of every believer to counsel and give godly advice. So there were 15 of us that sat for 3 hours every afternoon and listened, Pastor Sweitzer was amazing, the way in which he teaches is almost like he is preaching to you. You felt convicted a lot of the time and by the end of the class each day you felt like you just needed to get alone with God and talk to Him. It was good and I loved it. You can truly tell he a man of God just from the way he lives his life, he never used to read before the Lord called his to preach and now he reads all the time and he studies into all hour of the night. He slept for about an average of 3 hours each night and you couldn't even tell. He has such a wealth of Biblical knowledge and you can tell he just loves studying his Bible and it made me want to study my Bible more. I think I wrote more notes and points in my Bible this week than I have in a whole years amount of time. It was wonderful; we were all ready for it to end but not for Pastor Sweitzer to leave. And then we even had a snowball fight with him one day after class. We let him win for a while and then we ambushed him and won. Everyone is excited about the possibility of him doing a Part 2 of Biblical Counseling, going into more detail on how to deal with certain situations; he is talking about doing it next fall.

So by Friday we all wanted relief so we watched Peter Pan(Approved by Mrs. Bullock) after social parlor and then we s went to Gram's and watched movies and spent time with her Saturday night. Plus to top it all off Sandy taught me how to Crochet on Thursday and I understand now why she does it all the time, it is addicting! I took it to Gram's and crocheted for 2 hours while we watched the newest Love Comes Softly movie. So now this week we are back to normal, thought we still have to take our final for Counseling on Friday afternoon. Enough for now, I should go and do some homework that was neglected during module, I'll post again soon.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!