Monday, April 28, 2008

Third to Last Monday



Well I only have three weeks left of college! I can't believe that I have almost completed my second year of college! Time flies! I am ready for a break though, I want to go home and spend time with my family. College life is great but I need a break from it for a little.
This weekend was pretty rushed. Friday was semi-normal, with just the regular things going on,we had a gym night for social parlor, and we played the ever famous volleyball. I was just glad that I was able to play and my finger wasn't a hindrance anymore. Then Saturday I was doing normal things around the dorm and Maggie, Sandy and I went hunting for leaves for our leaf project in Biology class. our goal was three leaves a day, because the leaves have really just started coming out. We were having a good time though and finding them considerably quicker than normal so we decided to continue. We ended up finding all of them except one. So it was a relief to find the rest of those. Then Saturday night the teens had an activity and meal for their parents and the senior citizens of the church and they needed some s to help serve so Rachel, Heather, Rebekah, and I went out and helped. We had help at their last meal and had a blast. I was really tired though, after being on my feet non-stop for 3 hours. But I talked on the phone and relaxed the rest of the evening.

Sunday morning the ensemble went to Pastor Botrell's church in Hunt Valley, Maryland. We were asked to come and sing for their fourth anniversary service and picnic. We left around 7:45 in the morning. We ended up hitting traffic on the way home and running late so we went to Mr. Greer's church and then we got home around nine last night. I had a slight headache that got worse but I thought I could just go to sleep and it would be fine in the morning, but I woke up this morning with pain through my head so I took some ibuprofen and laid back down but it didn't help. I still have a little dull pain but I just hope and pray that I don't get sick. These last few weeks are going to be busy. Next Saturday I have the Junior church Bus kids activity in the gym. I am really excited about that. Oh, and on visitation last week I was able to talk to two s, Courtney(9) and Ashlee(13), and give them the clear message of the gospel. Courtney had asked me if what I had in my hand was a Bible so I was showing her verses and I took them through the plan of salvation. I asked them if they wanted to pray or if they wanted to think about it. I don't believe in pushing people to say a prayer, I feel many times this lead to a false profession. But pray for them, I got their phone number and address and gave them my phone number if they had any questions. Pray that someone would have the heart to pick them up for church if they want to come. And please pray that they will realize their need for a Savior. Well I think I will stop for now, my head still feels strange and I need to get some homework done. I'll post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!