Well, this Friday is a good one. We started this morning by having a Missions Conference in our Missionary Prayer Group. This was the first conference ever, and we had six testimonies of ladies that had gone on missions trips or the ministries that they have at home. We asked special permission for the academy ies to be able to come to our conference and Mrs. Bullock came too, along with Mrs. Jordan and Mrs. Nissley. There were several of us that made display boards, for different countries and ministries, and we also had many food dishes with foods made in these countries. We had Chicken curry from India, guacamole and cinnamon/ sugar balls from Mexico, Papaya from Belize, Ice-cream cupcakes for the Bus ministry, and some mangoes from Guatemala. There was also a slide show by Leah for Bolivia, she was not able to be with us because of work, but she left us a slide show. The ensemble sang and Rose and I sang a song called I am Not Ashamed. It was a great day and it made my morning wonderful. Then this afternoon we had recital practice for recital tonight. Mrs. Dow asked me to turn pages for her while she plays the organ pieces and I am also playing in a violin Trio. I pray everything goes well and everyone remembers their parts and for the huge amounts of nervousness that will be going on. I will be glad once this is over, I am tired of all the practicing and running here and there, though I needed it.
Tomorrow will be so exciting! Mr and Mrs. Bradshaw, the Jr. Church leaders, planned a Jr. Church children's activity for tomorrow. They are picking up bus kids, and we are going to be playing some games in the gym, eating some hot dogs outside the gym, and just having fun spending time with the kids. This is also a great opportunity to get to know the kids and Lord willing give them the gospel. Pray that this would be a time where we could see into these children's lives and that we could use that to better win these children to Christ. I am really excited about it. I love that the Lord has allowed me to work with these children in Jr. Church, they are such an important ministry of the church. These children will be our next generation! Will our churches crumble because we fail to teach our children of Christ? It's a sobering thought, but one that must be considered.
After that activity tomorrow, the ies are going to Gram's house to watch some movies. Most of the movies we have seen over and over but it's just the fun of being away from the dorm, having fellowship over root-beer floats, spending time with Gram and being together. It will be the last time this semester the s will be going to Gram's; kind of sad. Gram told us the other day that she is going to miss us so much; it makes her cry to think of all of us leaving. We do have the opportunity to go to Gram's with the guys that last Tuesday of graduation, we are having a picnic and then watching a movie. Well, I should stop and go get something done.
"Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;"
~Deuteronomy 7:9~
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!