I was going to post some pictures of the kids at the Jr. Church activity but I didn't get them from Shane yet. This weekend was great, though it was very busy. Friday morning we had the Missions Conference, then Friday afternoon the recital practice, and Friday night we finally had the recital. It went well, and my family was able to come down, and we went out to Wendy's for Frosty's. I can't wait to go home to be with them all the time, Josiah was saying how he didn't like it that they had to bring me back to the dorm, I should just go home with them. Then Saturday we had the Jr. Church activity and I LOVED it! It was so much fun and it made me love those kids even more. We gathered them all in the Jr. Church room in the beginning and sang some songs with them and gave them name tags. Katie(one of the teens from this church) and I went down and taped paper plates with the children's names on them to the floor so that every time Mr. Bradshaw blew the whistle they had to go and stand by their plate. After all the kids were there they put them on two teams and marched them down to the gym. We played games for about 45 minutes and then they were aloud to have some free-time to play whatever they wanted. That gave us a chance to go around and talk and play different things with the kids. After that Mr. Dow came and sang with them for 15 minutes while we set up the picnic lunch of hot dogs, chips, and donuts outside. And then we took them on a walk down to the field and when we came up the food was ready. I decided that Sandy and I should be in charge of the ketchup and the mustard. So we gave the kids whichever one they wanted. After they ate we took them back inside to listen to Pastor Nissley preach, then we took them outside for a game involving water. After that we were about out of time. Most of the kids were taken home but we had another load that Mrs. Bradshaw couldn't fit in her car so we college students and Mr. Bradshaw were waiting with the kids. Rachel, Mikey, Mary, and I decided to have piggy-back races. Mikey won, but only because I thought we had a false start so I didn't run right away. No actually he would have won anyway I just want to sound like I would have won. After racing we played red light-green light, which Michael Roach promptly cheated at, well the kids were having fun to and it made them compete more. It was so much fun just to play with them and let them know that we love them. It was great,we talked about it all day. Then that night the ies went over to Gram's house and watched some movies. Sunday we got to see the kids again in Jr. Church and it made me realize how much I love them and I am going to miss them. It was a great weekend! I loved it and I would have an activity like that very weekend if it meant spending time with those kids.
I should stop now. This week might be busy, Finals start of Wednesday and then I have 2 more next week. After that it is white glove and packing! I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm going to miss everyone a lot and yet I really want to go home and be with my family. I'm ready though. Well I am going to go get something done.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!