
"O God, thou are my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land where no water is; To see they power and they glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary."
Psalm 63:1-2
David knew what he was talking about when he talked of how God is the only thing that will quench our thirst. When we know we are having a rough day and everything seems wrong, the only one who can fufill that thirst for a normal day is the Lord. Whether we are talking to him in prayer or reading His word, it is He that will fully satisfy our longing. And what better way to start our day that to hydrate ourselves with him, why do we sometimes what until later in the day when, by then we have dehydrated ourselves. I mean I understand that sometimes here at school circumstances come up and you have class early and everything seems to be running late, but the least we can do is read a verse from His Word and talk to Him as we rush around. The Lord was just showing me this morning that nothing else in this world is going to give us as much satisfaction as He will, and I knew that but sometimes we all need reminded of it.
Today was good I only have a couple of more minutes until the computers close but I'll just give a quick rundown. This morning we woke up to a steady rain, the funny thing was one of the girls needed help with a project so we were out looking for things in the rain at 6;30 in the morning. Hopefully we all won't get colds. Then after breakfast I was going to make pie but I realized we had no shortening in the kitchen so I ran to ACME and picked up some shortening. When I got back I started on apple pies right away, I had peeled the apple last night. I hadn't made an apple pie for a long while so it was good to make on again. I made a backed apple for Sporks and SmS too. I threw them in the oven before chapel and then ran down right after chapel to take them out. The guys came to take tables and they walked in and Seth said "Wow! That smells good!" and Michael Roach said, "That smells like apple pie!" After lunch, we went down to the academy and gym to set up some decorations for an activity tomorrow. We spent all afternoon down there, then the ensemble had a special practice at 3:30. So we have social parlor here tonight, Mr. Greer's son was sick and it was raining,plus his in-laws were coming in town. So we moved it here so that make it a little more convenient. Well I gotta go the computers are supposed to be closing now. I'll post again as usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!