
I have been reading Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot and there was a paragraph in there that was really good. Pete Fleming told this to one of his friends.
" Remember the last few verses of I Corinthians 3: 'For all things are yours...and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.' Throughout all our personality we are God's, and since God has made our whole selves, there is great joy in realizing who is our Creator. This realization is to permeate every area and level of life. In appreciation of beauty, mountains, music, poetry, knowledge, people, science- even in the tang of an apple- God is there, to reflect the joy of His presence in the believer who will realize God's purpose in all things."
This was just a reminder to thank God for the small things in life. Everything has a purpose, and God has planned it all. Be aware of everything around you, God created it. Thank the Lord and be amazed with the beauty and complexity of his creation.
Hi Anna,
ReplyDeleteI was just checking out your blog quickly and noticed this post on Gates of Splendor. That is one of my most favorite books!! I lent my copy to someone at church, but when I get it back I'll share one of my favorite paragraphs.
I'm excited to hear about your opportunity to go to Germany. With the Lord as your Guide, you'll do great. I'll be praying for you.
~Jill
IICorin 9:8