Here I am, I was at Grandma's house and then we had church last night, so I didn't post yesterday. I wanted to change some things around, but I never remember how long it takes to change things around and make it personal. I took a bunch of pictures of Grandma's house and all the flowers and things the picture above is of her mailbox and all the clematis flowers all over it. My aunt Rhonda painted the mailbox, she paints on old cast iron pans and pieces of slate and things, that is when she has the time. I spent the afternoon and evening with her and we made 2 1/2 batches of jam and I ate supper, she was getting ready to fry some beef liver when I got there and she had some kale cooking on the stove. I did try the liver and I like greens but we also heated up some good ole' sloppy joes. I had a good time with her I cleaned the house a little Wednesday morning and weeded out some of her flower gardens. I left around 3 and got home before supper. Rachel taught class last night so I just got to interact with the kids, it was great. And then this morning I went to church to use their international calling plan to call Mr. Robinson. He said that they are excited and the kids are excited and Carissa is really excited(She is Olivia's best friend). So I talked to him and asked him some questions regarding my stay and I told him that I was sending my passport off today as soon as I was off the phone with him. Him and Mrs. Susan are going to be taking the intensive language studies, one now, one in the fall, and one in the spring. They will be gone for long amounts during the day so they need someone to be there with the kids. The older two children are doing A Beka video school but Alex is going into 2nd grade and I will be teaching him. The other kids might need help every once in a while with something, but for the most part I will be teaching Alex. I didn't mention the other boys name is Caleb and he is around Erin's age. So it will be like my own siblings ages.
I took my passport to the post office and praise the Lord it cost less than I actually thought it would! The lady there said they have to tell everyone that it takes 6-8 weeks, but everyone has been getting theirs in 2-3 weeks. I am getting exctied. The Lord is teaching me much through this whole thing also. There are doubts that Satan keeps placing in my mind, but I decided to take each one of those in my devotions and find Scripture to disprove them. I am enjoying and learning alot at the same time.
I just thought of something. I think I am going to post it on my other blog though. Ha! That will make those of you that are curious go to my other blog to find out what I was thinking.
I need to go post over there anyway. Plus we have a singles activity tonight, we are playing indoor baseball (with a foam ball and bat), volleyball, and Win, Lose, or Draw. So we are eating my Dad's famous burritos and green chili. I just found out that Pastor and Shirley are coming down to the church to eat with us. They Love Green Chili! So I should go even though I would rather stay on here and continue posting. Oh and I just listened to a voicemail from my Pal Sanz! I miss you to and Ahh! Happy Give your Buddy a Note Day Thursday Day! Love you!
O.k. so I really am getting off now. I'll post again soon, you all know me. :)
whoa you have long posts. Haha. Happy Give Your Buddy a Note Day Thursday on Friday! I was thinking and we need to have a meeting to decide who will fill your shoes for that while you are gone.
ReplyDeleteHey Hot cakes!! I miss you!! I dont see how we can get together either. But I am praying for you. One day we are going four wheeling together.
ReplyDeleteI love the name of your blog! I found your blod through Bethany's. I 'll check back soon!
ReplyDelete