Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Of Berries and Bee Stings

Well, I didn't expect to be sitting here with a paper towel full of baking soda and vinegar on my foot. Yeah, I got stung, I ran out side real quick to pull start the 4-wheeler and don't you know I stepped on some poor bee. But I told mom I understand why little kids cry, I haven't been stung for a long time but I could feel the venom spread throughout my foot. But besides that little scenario I went strawberry picking this morning. We went our friends farm to pick strawberries with some other friends but I forgot to take my camera. But it was nice and cool this morning and got a little warmer later but we were done by then. Then we came home and I started washing and cutting them for freezer jam. I Love Strawberry Freezer Jam! Mom and I made 3 batches and then I just whipped up a shortcake and threw it in the oven and mom will finish that later. I'm headed off to Grandma Davis' to spend the night with her and take her berries to her and probably help her put up some jam. And my Aunt Linda isn't there right now so I might mow the yard too. So I can't post for very long. I need to go and just spend some time with her before I leave too. So that's where I'll be.
I didn't post about camp yet either. I'll see if I can do a quick overview, plus words cannot even explain the joys of camp. I was in with the 15-18 year old girls with Mrs. Green all week. We had a great time and Mrs. Green, you are one of the sweetest most amazing people I know! Monday we took the kids canoeing, then they had their big activity, which they have everyday right before supper. The first chapel service was great, it blessed my heart. Brother Ramos preached on standing alone, during the invitation he asked who would stand alone, tears began to fall because I looked and out of those 70+ teens only about maybe 20 stood. I began to cry because of the fact that there were so few that actually wanted to be an extreme Christian and serve God with their life, but there were happy tears to for those who did choose to stand. It was a good opening service. Tuesday, they had Olympic activities and big activities and swim time and a chapel service in the morning. We took the girls to the track in Hanover and held Olympic events: running, jumping, discus, shot-put, and other things. I even did the running long jump, I jumped 10 feet something, Liv beat me there she jumped 12 feet. I actually wore culottes so that I could run the hurdles but they ended up not doing them for the girls. So I was a little disappointed. Liv won a lot of the running events, she was blowing them all away. We went back and did the big activity and ate supper and had preaching. Wednesday they took the boys to the track and it was pretty much like the same day. Thursday we did a couple of events on campus and then we had the big activity, Tug and I were in charge of the older girls playing steal the bacon. that was fun when it was in the middle of the afternoon. I have to say that the Lord gave us interesting weather all week, it was chilly on Tues. and Wed. but it did warm up some, not overwhelming hot though. Thursday night after chapel we took the kids to the YMCA until 2 in the morning. I was pretty tired, the night before one of my girls was sick in the middle of the night so I was up a couple of times,cleaning out trash cans. And the nights before we had the counselor meetings until 1 every night. But it was a great week. I got to spend time with Brenda and Tim was there, Tug, My friends Rachel and Ruth. And I even got to see Sandy and Leam on Monday! It was a great week but by Friday afternoon I was wiped out. We cleaned up the camp and I mopped the men's staff bathroom and the kitchen, that was pretty bad. Saturday I was extremely exhausted, I couldn't even see right, my eyes hurt and my legs were so sore. Oh I forgot to mention that at the Y they have and indoor track and Liv and I were racing and we ran the whole track in 20 seconds, I think it was an 8th of a mile track. She then ran it again and did in it 18 seconds. I can't compete with that when I am an old- out of shape- college student. :)
There were many decisions made that week and I believe that there were 3 saved. The Lord blessed and I loved every minute of camp, I always do. What a blessing to serve the Lord!
I gotta go, it will take me an hour to get to Grandma's and it's almost supper time. I'll post again soon. I haven't had a chance to post on my other blog either. I will one of these days. Until then I'll keep serving Him.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!