Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wherever He Leads


















Here I am back from a great week at camp and I received the answer to the unspoken that I had been praying about. A couple of weeks ago I said that I had something that I was praying about but didn't want to share right away. The Lord confirmed what He wanted me to do while I was helping at camp this week. I will post about camp a little later, right now I want share what will be happening in my life.

When I got home from college my pastor and his wife took a trip to Germany to visit with the missionaries from our church, the Robinson's to Germany; they came back and went out to supper with my parents. The Robinson's spoke to my pastor about their need for someone to teach their three children while they are in language school, which they are struggling with. Pastor and his wife suggested Samantha, another single lady, and I; but they were unsure if I was going back to school or not. At the time I still had no leads on work, so I began praying about it, telling only some of my close friends so they could pray with me. I told the Lord that I would pray about it until Vacation Bible School and if I still didn't have a job I would go. So I had still been praying about it and went to camp this week, ready to have a great time counseling and listening to the preaching myself. This past week we had Evangelist Eric Ramos preach to the teens, he used to be a youth pastor before the Lord called him into evangelism. I heard him a couple times in my teens and loved his preaching. So I was excited and was looking forward to the preaching myself.
On Thursday night, the last night, we had a missions theme for that night. We were able to talk over the Internet to Pastor Eckles in Australia and he said one statement that grabbed my attention. He said, "Sometimes God sends you to places you never expected to go." I never expected to go to Germany. But Brother Ramos preached on Surrender that night and I realized that I had surrendered my life to the Lord but I wasn't surrendering to the idea of going to Germany. Yes, I told the Lord I would pray about it but I wasn't completely open to going. If someone would have said they needed help in Romania, Moldova, or Hungary I would have jumped on the opportunity, but Germany? So by the time we got to the invitation, I was glad that none of my campers needed my help, because I wasn't in a state to help any of them at that point. I knew as soon as Brother Eckles said his statement that I was to go to Germany. I also found out that I was scared. Scared to leave my home and go across the world. Scared to take off of school for a year. Scared of living in a country where I don't understand any of the language. But I also was reminded that even though I'm scared the Lord is going with me and that's what He wants me to do. And I told Him wherever He leads me.
The best part was that before I went to college I was considering studying to be a tutor for missionary children. I wanted to be available for the missionaries, so the mother, who can burnt out while homeschooling, could take a year off and focus on her ministry, husband, children, and growing and learning herself. The requirements that I was going to set were the exact ones that the Robinson's provided, and I said nothing about those requirements to them. They will not be able to pay me, but they will pay for my plane ticket to get over there and I will live with them and be involved with their ministry. The opportunity is wonderful, but I admit that it wasn't the timing I would have chosen. I never would have considered leaving school right in the middle to go and teach, I'm not qualified to teach! But if God wants me to then I'm going and He will give me the grace and strength to teach. But I will miss everyone and all the things that go on at school but I will keep everyone updated.
I was also thinking this morning, I bet you Satan is going to try and provide a job for me see to if I will still go or if I will go back to school. While I was at Wal-mart today, Chick-Fil-A called me and I have an interview on Monday. I won't be coming back to school, but I want to try to earn some extra money and money right now for gas would be a blessing, though God still provides.
So please pray with me about this. I honestly am scared out of my mind, but I'm going for how ever long they need me. I will try my hardest to see everyone before I leave, if not I will get in contact somehow. All right it is late and I have church tomorrow. I'll post about camp another day.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It is amazing how the Lord leads. You just never know. I was thinking and I go back to my first year in college. I thought I would be sitting under Mr. Greene's teaching for the next 4 years but I only got him for one semester. Another example would be Mrs. Dickerson who died. You never know what could happen in a year. A lot can happen. So praise the Lord you're following Him. And remember this, where He leads you, you will follow, what he feeds you, you will swallow. hehe, anyways, praying for you, For His purpose, Shane Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anna, I'm so happy for you! This will be an experience you will never forget and who knows what will happen in your life the next year! You say you're not qualified to teach, but God gave you the opportunity with your Wed. night class and I seen at camp how much the kids love you! Georgia talked about you all the way home! I know you will miss your friends, but hey with all the technology today is won't be hard to keep in touch. I have friends all over the place and we keep in touch. Who knows maybe God is preparing you to be a missionary somewhere later on. Congrats, I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI MOMMA!!! This is an awesome opportunity. I am praying for you. I know how hard it is to go somewhere where the language is different and you have no clue what you are doing. I am so excited for you and slightly jeolous. I pray that this will be not only helpful to you but also a blessing for the Robinsons. I miss you sooooo much!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey twin! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy, excited, nervous, etc. for you! Praise the Lord for his leading in lives! I remember way back last school year the time when we just chilled out in the dorm with the candles a lit after we had rearranged it, and it was just you and me there. . . how we talked about the possibility of this one day happening. Who would have realized so soon? Like Shane said SO much can change in SO little time. I love you so much and I am so happy that you get to do this! I am PRAYING for you and praise the LORD for blogs! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!