
I posted after Mothers Day to thank my Mom but I will post on Fathers Day for Dad because I will be at camp this week, plus I have access to the internet on the weekends at home. So this post is dedicated to my Dad. I Love You!
Dad,
Thanks for everything that you taught me all through the years, Mom might have taught me school subjects you've taught me much in everyday life. Thank you so much for being there anytime I needed you, thanks for providing for your family. Thank you for buying me a tan Jeep Power-Wheels when I was little (and not some girly,pink, Barbie car) and then providing me with a real tan Jeep. Thank you for taking your family across the United States, like Abraham did, not knowing the end result but following God no matter what. Thanks for letting me help when you worked on the blue truck all those times, when I would get in and pump the breaks or give you the tools that you needed, even though I usually didn't get it right. Thank you for all those years of floating down the Yellow Breeches in the canoes and kayaks, those were some good memories. Thanks for not letting me do whatever I wanted and hang out with everyone and anyone.Thank you for letting me work beside you even though I'm a girl, we've built a couple of pole barns, haven't we? And for building the house and our fort up in the woods, I'll never forget climbing the roof rafters and staying in the camper on Friday nights so we could build on Saturday mornings. Thank you for always reminding me that even though I don't understand why God hasn't allowed me to have a job, I must live by faith and let Him provide for my needs. Thank you for loving Mom, and setting a godly example of what marriage should be (You are going to love your wife no matter where you are!). Thank you for taking us on all those vacations and camping trips, hiking all over the United States and even though we didn't want to hike any more you taugh us you have to finish to the end. I can thank you for why I walk fast, it's probably from trying to keep up with you all those years. Thanks for coming to look for us when the van broke down in the middle of a Kansas cornfield when it was like 20 below zero. Thank you for telling me the best way to find a mate in on your knees before God.Thank you for being such a handyman- I know you can fix everything! Thanks for just being you and following God, wherever He leads you! I am blessed to have a Dad like you, I wouldn't want any other. I Love You!
~Your Little Girl~
Hey Banana! You have to read the post that we put on my site on January 22. I was laughing so hard when I just read it.
ReplyDeleteYou have to read the posts on February 6, 12, and 20 also. They made me laugh pretty hard. I miss those good times. Even after we said that the second semester wasn't as much fun as the first...when I read this stuff it reminds me how awesome of a semester we had together.
ReplyDelete