I am reading the book Stepping Heavenward, it is a little hard to understand at times and I don't fully agree with it but there was a really good paragraph that I thought I would post.
"I do see that the Christian life must be individual, as the natural character is, and that I cannot be exactly like Dr. Cabot, or exactly like Mrs. Campbell, or exactly like Mother, though thay all three stimulate and are an inspiration to me... This is the testimony of all the good books, sermons, hymns, and memoirs I read- that God's ways are infinitely perfect; that we are to love Him for what He is and prospers us; that there is no real happiness but in doing and suffering His will; and that this life is but a scene of probation through which we pass to the real life above." (P.258)
Our life is not about copy another person's and being like someone else. We have to be ourself and live for God to best that we know how. The only one that we ought to imitate is Christ, and never will I be completely like Him, but I must try.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!