Sunday, July 6, 2008

July Fourth Weekend



This past weekend was a busy one. I did go to Sandy's for the night and we just sat around and reminisced about school memories. We played Balderdash with Tim, Liz, and Mrs. Simmers and laughed at Tanga-Tanga and Mrs. Simmers arm. Then Sandy and I stayed up and talked until Brenda got home from Seth's house. Then I talked with Brenda while Sandy talked to Shane. We got up the next morning and ate some gluten-free pancakes. I left around 12:15 and got home, took a shower, and left again to go to a picnic.
The picnic was at one of the families from church. There was a couple of other families from church there too, including my best friend Ruth. We started playing volleyball right away and then we took a break to eat. We had shrimp, I love shrimp. Then we played more volleyball, then Miss Cindy, Ruth, Erin Dirks, and I played Dutch Blitz. I also taught all the teens and younger kids how to play 1 to 100. Needless to say it was mostly all girls so it was really loud. It is a pretty intense game. Played a little more volleyball and then my Mom had the same thing happen to her finger as mine. So today she had a swelled up purple finger. I dug out my splint and tape. She did it to her right hand though, but it was her pinkie too.
After playing another game of volleyball, I took a break and laid on their hammock. It is the best hammock in the world, you can fit a lot of people in it, but when you are in it yourself you can wrap up the extra netting and it was like a blanket. Ruth and I sat for a while on the hammock and talked, then it got dark and we stayed there to watch the fireworks, and then we continued to sit there and talk. We played a story game with Anna Dirks, she is so cute. I Love Ruth, the Lord definitely made us to be friends. She told me, and I agree, that we aren't really friends, we are more like sisters. We both don't ever have to worry about not being ourselves, we are just so comfortable around each other. She is going to Ambassador Baptist Bible College in the fall for the secretarial courses. She is really excited, but she said she wishes she could go to Germany with me because it will be such an adventure. It was good to just have time away from church where we could just talk and spend time with each other.
We didn't get home until 11:30, but the time we got home I had a migraine and was sick. So that was fun! Thankfully we don't have any plans for this week, so I think I will try to work on my skirts and get them done. Well I am going to go, I want to post on my other blog. I will try and post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!