I am going to apologize right away, this is going to be a long post I know, and everyone gets annoyed with long posts. I can't believe that I've not posted since last Thursday! I'll try and fill in what's been going on here.
Thursday night the activity went well, we had a blast playing all those games. Most everyone left around 10-10:30 but Matt, Ron, and my family stayed and we played volleyball, but we played everything, off the walls even if it bounced. It was so much fun! But I was sore the other day and Leam, just so you know, I can serve overhand now, though I'm still afraid to use it in an actual game.
Friday Mom and I went out to Wal-mart and market, I got material(two different kinds) to make my skirt. I haven't sewn anything on it yet, I've been busy but I have cut it out. I will post a picture of them when I finish them. When we came home I made a Peaches and Cream cake for dessert for the church picnic.
Saturday we had the church picnic around 11:30, there was tons of food, friends, fellowship(the Baptist 3!). I played volleyball for a while, then played Dutch Blitz (a card game) and then we played Spoons. We left at 4:30 and came home, ate some burgers and went to see our friends from our old church. They weren't home but their son was and he had quite the situation on his hands. I don't have time to explain it right now but I had quite the mud-boggin', derby-drivin' adventure!
Sunday was a good day of services and in the afternoon I talked to Kirsten and Sporks on the phone. Sporks(a.k.a. Rachel C.) leaves with Rebekah for Guatemala on the 7th. So I wanted to talk to her before she leaves.
Monday was another day of running and I think we went somewhere... oh yeah Mom and I ran to look at a house-not a prospect. Please keep praying about that.
Tuesday( I finally get to explain the picture!) my family and I went to Knoebels Amusement park. We took the day to spend with each other. We rode all day, the weather was perfect, there wasn't that many people because it was a Tuesday, and we ate Ice-Cream for supper! What better way to spend the day! We had cotton candy too! It was a great day and we had a great time. Though I'm not sure why Josiah wasn't smiling in the picture.
Wed. I reviewed for my lesson at church that night and we went out to the library. I love the library! Every time I have gone this summer I have come back with an arm-full of children's books. We had to run lunch to my Dad too. I taught that night on praying for our missionaries, and the missionaries love for others. Those kids never cease to make to laugh. They were all on a big kick about snakes and spiders. that's all they wanted to talk about. And little Chase has the cutest little voice, Rachel and I decided he sounds like Kermit the frog. And Ava is one of the cutest little girls in the whole entire world. And Sammy's stories about home and spiders and how he killed them. And Anna and Kristina are the bestest friends in the world. These are just some of the kids but I love every one of them. My family also sang for the service, we sang We Need Revival. I guess it went well, we sang acapella.
Yesterday we went to my aunt's house and I swam and got burnt a little. It's tan now though. And last night when we came home we had 4 extra kids in the house. Eight kids in the house that's including me. I think I like it. We brought some cousins home to spend the night. I had to make 3 batches of pancakes this morning to feed all of us. And mom said about how we almost went through a gallon of milk in a day, but we remembered that I made pudding last night for them to eat for a snack.
But... I am going to Sandy's house today to spend time with her and spend the night with her. Happy Birthday Kiddo! Yeah, she's a July fourth baby! So I really should get off here and pack. But this is just what's been going on here. Nothing much really. I haven't made any new plans about Germany yet. Oh... But I had to give a testimony in church Sunday night about going over there to teach. I love Pastor and his way of giving you no notice of giving a testimony.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!