Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So Unworthy



I know this is a really random picture but those of you that know me know it fits. I don't care much for shoes. I guess it kinda means I'm simple and old fashioned, but I like it that way. But that isn't the point of this post.
I've been wanting to post since Sunday but haven't had the chance.
Sunday was a wonderful day, it always is. I learned so much from the messages and I love fellowshipping with other believers(my church family). Sunday night they had scheduled to have an offering to take care of my daily expenses, I really won't need much of anything but I was thankful for the money in case of emergencies. I was also asked to give a spur of the moment testimony, I love Pastor! But then he had my Dad give a testimony. Needless to say it was a very emotional night for me, I almost lost it a couple of times. And I realized something: I can say like Paul, "I am nothing." (I Cor.13:2)

*I am not worthy to have a Father in heaven that sent His Son to die for me. But I am going to try my hardest to live for Him and serve Him all my days.
*I am not worthy to have parents that support their 20 year old daughter, who is leaving the country for a year.
*I am not worthy to have a church family that loves me and prays for me. They tell me when they pray for the Robinsons and their ministry they will be praying for me, because I am helping their ministry.
*I am not worthy to have the sisters and brother I do. To have a brother that placed money in the offering for my expenses.(This was one place I fought hard to keep it together) And have the best sibling who I can read to at night and goof off with during the day and worship the Lord, side-by-side in church.
*I'm not worthy to have friends that tell me they'll miss me and they will be praying for me and sending stuff to me.
*I'm not worthy to go to Germany and teach missionary children and serve in that country.
*I am not worthy to receive the generous offering that was taken for me.

These are just some of things that I was thinking. I really am nothing, but with God I can do great things. And that's what I want more than anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Well, its great to see that God is providing your needs. Sorry, I won't be able to make it to your going away party. I would go but quite possibly I'll be going on vacation with the Simmers. Anyways, I'll probably be there for your last Sunday service. For His purpose, Shane Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Anna Banana. It is awesome to see how God uses us even though we are unworthy. I am praying for YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!