Friday, November 21, 2008

Good To Be Home!


Here it's been a few days again, I guess not having Internet for 3 months kind of breaks you from surfing the web all the time. That's just one of the few things God has taught me since I've been away.
I'm not even sure where to begin. I want to write so much but think a summary would be great right now. I flew in on Monday night and let me tell you jet lag is a whole lot harder coming back! Please pray for me as I am still struggling to adjust. I haven't gotten sick or anything but it's no fun being dead tired at 7 at night and waking up at 4 in the morning. But why should I complain? the Lord allowed me to be home for the holidays with my family - with whom I discover I am obsessed with. :)
In my minds eye I was determined that I was there to stay until May, despite the fact that before I left I said I was going for however long they needed me. The Robinson's finished with language school two weeks ago so they were capable of taking over the schooling. I felt my "work" there was done. I did what I went to do - teach the kids while they were in language school. That doesn't mean it was all easy. I struggled; weeping and praying, begging God to show me what He wanted me to do. More than anything in my life I want to do what God wants, it doesn't matter what I want. we have things we all want to do but that isn't always what is best for us. My flesh was weak- who wouldn't want to go home to their family, to a country where they can speak their own language, especially when things seem to be going wrong at home. So, I struggled and I finally surrendered my will, telling the Lord I would stay if that's what He wanted. Then later that week there was an accident with my Grandpa and everything seemed to point to the same thing - You Need to GO Home! (For those who don't know my grandfather fell down the basement steps in his home and landed directly on his head. It cracked his skull and there was bleeding on the brain. After coming to he couldn't remember anything but his name. Right now the Lord is slowly bringing him along, but he still has a long road ahead. He was released from the hospital and is residing in a rehab, where they can perform therapy every day. He doesn't fully remember everything, he was able to identify all us grand kids in a photo on Sunday, so that is a blessing. But continue to pray- We don't know if he will fully recover or not- he still doesn't know what happened to him.)
But back to why I came home. We were in the midst of getting an extension for my tourist visa- my 3 months was almost up. And things were falling into place but I didn't have peace about it- I had this nagging in my heart to come home. I didn't want it to be just me so I called my parents and got their input then I talked to the Robinsons and told them I felt that earlier that week when I told them I'd stay I think the Lord just wanted me to surrender to do what He wants, but now I felt it was time I left. We purchased a plane ticket for a week later and well here I am. I have so many lessons I want to share, so many stories to tell, so many people I want to see, but that will all happen in good time. I can say this: People told me going on a missions trip would change my life - and they were right. We are blessed when we follow His will, in His timing, because: "His way is perfect."

3 comments:

  1. oh i am so glad you posted, Davis. I have missed your posts so and its so good to hear what's going on. i am praying for you still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be difficult to know God's will sometimes (believe me I know). It is kind of weird, I sort of had the same concern, I had a longing to go home also, and did not have peace about staying back in Maryland, but I eventually gave up my own selfish desires and surrendered to the Lord, and I came home. Boy was I glad too. I have been real busy in my church and am happy about it. I can only imagine if I failed to obey God, and missed out on His blessings. God is so good.
    Well have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for reals I was excited to see you post. I wanted to call tonight but now I am glad I read your post first. I will wait till maybe you are adjusted to the whole fun time thing. My dad usually takes a week or so to get adjusted when he comes back from the Philippines. Anywho its sooooo cool to see how God has been working on you. I want to hear more!! hehe!! Perhaps what is a good time to call you?? Let me know cuz I am going crazy here!!! you there and me here and I cant just walk in your room and tell you to listen to me. sad day. hehe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!