I wanted to post something before tomorrow because I know I won't have time tomorrow. I am so thankful for everything the Lord has given me, especially His gift of salvation. I was talking to my friend and was reminiscing about Germany. I was again reminded of the teens and young adults there that just long for something, anything to give them meaning to life. Yet, they are just like teens in America, they try to hide it and pretend it away. There were so many young teens on the streets in Germany and they had the punk rock or Gothic dress and the girls would carry these bags that jingle when they walk and you could tell their life has no meaning. I am so thankful that my life has meaning. I can live everyday knowing I am saved for all eternity, have a home in Heaven, have a Savior to serve on earth, and He gives me life and meaning to each day.I wish I had more time to just sit and list so many of the things I am thankful for but it's late. I have to say though I am very thankful for the family God has given me and allowed me to be raised up in. I could have been one of those teens but God saved me from that and I am so thankful.
The rest of this week has gone better, I have finally adjusted back to American time and life I think, but I'll never be the same. Tomorrow will be a fun filled day, full of good food and well, probably lots of dishes. But that's o.k. I'll be thankful we have dishes to eat off of. =)
Enough for now, enjoy your day of thanksgiving. Be sure to eat plenty of pie- I'll be savoring some sweet potato pie.
Happy (late) Thanksgiving! :)
ReplyDeleteI hate to say this, but sweet potato pie is one thing that I am not thankful for!!! HAHA! yuck!!!
ReplyDelete