Saturday, November 29, 2008

What's up in My Life

I want to post and tell what's been going on the last few days. On Thursday we went to my Grandma Davis' and had a good time. It can be hard to go to family gatherings when there are unsaved family and those who don't believe the same as you, I guess we just have to be the witness we can but the fellowship seems dull/empty at times. The kids decided to spend the night at Grandma's but I was still sick with this cold things so I didn't want to stay and spread my germs more. We didn't get home until 12 that night so the next day I slept in a little and then just piddled around. Mom and I sat at talked at the table for a while then we decided to go out "shopping"- we aren't black Friday shoppers but we jocked around like it because we went to a thrift store, the grocery store, and Subway. I got back into my bad habit, I looked at books. And well I did find some but I did not buy any children's books. I found some really good books though, A Shepherds Look at Psalm 23, Smile Through Trials (about a Christian lady who has Parkinson's), A Woman's High Calling, and Little Women. So far the things I've read are really good.
Anyway the rest of the day we just had a great day together and I was reminded what a blessing I have in my Mom. And I was also reminded what it would have been like if I was an only child, and well I love my siblings. But they spent the night last night again and I went down this morning to pick them up after I helped clean the house a little. When I got down there I put up the Christmas lights for my Grandma and Aunt Linda, and them we mowed the yard one last time for the season. I love spending time with my family, I am firmly convinced that there is no one else like us in all the world. But I'm o.k. with that.
I have such a wonderful loving God who has been good to me and blessed me beyond what I deserve. Anyway, tomorrow my Dad is preaching tomorrow night. Our church asked 4 men to preach twice a year and Dad is preaching tomorrow.
Anyway I'm done for now.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for showing us His will, guiding us into it, and keeping us there! I love you and promise to call you soon. I think of you every day and am praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!