Light the title says I'm sitting here by the tree, with beautiful colored lights and the house is all decorated for Christmas. I love it, I love the stillness every night when I turn out all the other lights and just look at the tree. I'm not worshipping my tree, I just love the memories it brings back, the thoughts of how I am blessed to be home in my house for Christmas. I thought when I left for Germany that I wouldn't be returning until May, my God knew I needed to be home. I sit here and think of how last Christmas something just wasn't right. I just didn't know what was wrong but I just wasn't ready for Christmas. I'm glad this year that I am ready and I a rejoicing in my Savior's birth. Isn't it amazing all that He did for us? What I God I am privileged to serve!
I look forward to tomorrow, not to open gifts but to watch the faces of those that open the gifts I gave them. That is how it's always been in our house, ever since we were old enough, we bought Christmas presents for everyone in our family. And God is so good. My sister again were reminded of how much He cares for our small needs and desires. God provided money for Liv to buy gifts when she thought that she wasn't going to be able to. God allowed my grandpa to come home before Christmas, a true miracle, I had the freedom to go to a church service tonight celebrating my Lord's birth. And I am reminded, that sometimes when we seem to not have much, that is when we really see God provide. To tell you the truth, I would have it this way all my life, I can see my Lord provide and work.
I guess I sit here in awe, praising my Savior for His Story. The true story of Christmas is that He came to earth and died and rose again for me, so I could be forgiven and live with Him forever. I Love Him!
I'll end for now but I'm looking forward to getting up early, reading the Story of CHRISTmas with my family, and watching every one's faces when they open up the gifts I give them, all under the light of the tree.
Merry Christmas !
Hey, How you doing? Haven't seen you in a while. Was glad to find all of the blogs from college pals. Happy New Year. Joshua Barkley
ReplyDeleteHey my Davis. . . I am missing you today and yesterday. . . what are you doing now? we should get together.
ReplyDelete