Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Little Bit of my Life


I know, I haven't updated about what's going in here. I guess the holidays make life a little busier.
Since I've posted we've had a singles activity - our first ever Christmas banquet at Old Country Buffet. That was a real good time, there was just the faithful eight of us even though everyone from college was home. But we did a gift exchange, and ate like you probably shouldn't -although I had one amazing salad! Then after leaving there Gina, one of the singles, had to go to Office Max, so my dad decided we should followed her around the store and beg for stuff. We didn't stay long because they were closing but next we went to the Dollar Tree. I think that was more fun than the banquet.
And before that, last Friday(2 wks. ago) my family and I went to the mall and we sang Christmas carols. It's a new ministry we started last year and I love it, just seeing all the people- there was a teen guy that stopped and took at picture or video of us singing. Afterward, being the Baptists we are we went to a pizza buffet and then Seth came over and we watched the best deer hunting movie ever, The Incomplete Deer Hunter. We aren't hunters(not that we are against it) but we love these movies(there are two). We also found out that day that my aunt that lives with my Grandma Davis fell and broke her leg. We visited them Saturday and I went down Sunday night and stayed with them until Tuesday, helping take care of the fire and anything else that needed done. Then Wednesday I helped with the Children's Christmas program- I was an "enforcer of the peace" during the program.
This week was busy with Christmas shopping and the likes- the singles Christmas banquet, and then Friday night finally we were able to spend time as a family and just watch some movies. Saturday was the beginning of our Christmas Cantata, which Erin and Josiah were singing in so I took them yesterday for rehearsal and the actual thing. I filmed the play during rehearsal. Then tonight we had it again and they asked to record it again because someone messed up their lines yesterday. I was just happy I was able to have a part, I guess it is a ministry.
This week is going to be busy too, with Christmas and we have friends from out of state coming to visit, Christmas here at my Aunt and Uncles house(which means pitching in), Christmas cookies which we haven't made yet, presents to wrap(at least I'm done shopping!), parties to go to, isn't it wonderful!? I'm just trying to not be involved so much that I loose the spirit of the true meaning of Christmas. Praise the Lord our Savior left Heaven to come to a sinful earth as a baby and die on a cross for my sins and the sins of the whole world! That is what Christmas is all about!
And to end on another positive note...
My grandfather is doing better, but the rehab wanted him sent to a nursing home. He would have been put in an Alzheimer's unit. But Thursday his doctor called my step-grandma and told her that he could come home! Praise the Lord! He is going home on Tuesday, but this also adds a little extra strain, someone has to be with him at all times. My mom is leaving in the morning to go to his therapy to takes notes of what he can and cannot do and what exercises have to be done, so that leaves me with the kiddos and their schoolwork. And tomorrow they are due with another violin lesson, they've been bugging me because last week I was away and I didn't get a chance to teach them anything new, so we'll probably double tomorrow, (Jingle Bells in the next lesson!)
Anyway, I'll be done for now, this is really long as it is, I'll try not to wait so long to post next time. If I don't post again before Christmas, I pray everyone has a blessed Christmas with their family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!