Friday, March 27, 2009

Saved From A Life

This was supposed to post after the post before. Read the post before this for the explaination and what's been going on with me.
What would I have been?
Where would I be?
If Christ hadn't come,
And saved a girl like me.

There might be things I could have seen,
Or things I might have done,
That brought sorrow to my Savior
And cursed His Holy Son.

Would I have been an abused girl?
Or given my body away?
How many people would I have hurt?
Just doing things my way.
I could have been an empty girl,
Trying to fill that missing part.
Would I have tampered with alcohol?
Was that where I would start?

I might have been a confused girl,
Filling void with all those drugs.
Living on a high each day,
Thinking it would fulfill.

What about a girl who saw no point,
Of what life was all about?
One who tried to end it all,
Attempting suicide.

Any of these girls I could have been,
Had Christ not saved me young.
Some folks would say that I don't know,
What salvation's all about.
But I could tell you plainly,
I'm pretty sure I do!

Christ saved me from my sin, oh yes!
But that's not all He did.
He saved me from a wicked life,
I won't ever have to live.
He saved me from the saddness,
The world portrays as fun.

No longer will I think about,
The things I cold have been.
All those places I might have gone,
Alone, and lost in sin.

Now I must keep my eyes ahead,
To what I still can be.
A girl saved young through Jesus' blood,
His child from sin set free!

~Anna M. Davis~
3/19/2009

2 comments:

  1. Wow Anna! That's really beautiful. And so true! I miss you bunches and bunches and hope to see you again soon!

    ~Ashley :-)~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!