Friday, March 27, 2009

Keeping my eyes on the King



Well, I wanted to post about what has been going on around here. Nothing really, I'm at my Grandma Davis' staying with her for about 3 weeks. My Aunt Linda who normally lives with her is visiting her daughter in North Carolina, so here I am. I'm trying to use my time wisely, working on schoolwork. The only thing is I don't have that much schoolwork left. I finished my School of Theology book and will finish my devotional on Wednesday at home. I do need to work on my correspondence course though.

I've had a meeting for the Mexico trip, Please pray about that- the place we are supposed to go is in the midst of war right now. My parents just had a camp set up meeting- yes, it'll be here soon! And My best friend Ruth came home on Spring break from Ambassador with her boyfriend Rey Villarreal. While they were home he proposed to her! I'm so happy for them! They are planning on going back to Mexico, where his family are missionaries, when they graduate. So she'll be quite a ways away! But who knows what part of the world I'll be in!

Last week we had our once a month Singles activity. We did what we do best, eat! Actually we did it the week of St. Patrick's Day so it was an all green activity. So everything we ate was green, or had to have the name green in it somewhere. That was fun! Then instead of playing volleyball, which we always do, (I like volleyball but I like change too!) I took a bunch of board games along. So we played board games. But before the games began my Dad had asked an older couple from our church to come to our activity and to give their testimonies. This couple is one who is always serving with a smile on their faces. When they gave their testimony heard of how they were not saved until later in life and the things God brought them from. And it was an eye opener for me and a few other people of the blessing that we take for granted, being saved at a young age. When we went home that night I really got to thinking about that and so I sat down and wrote a poem about it. I'm going to post this first, scroll to the next post to read the poem.

So anyway not a lot going on, we have a singles activity in April. We are going to Cabella's in Hamburg for the day. That should be fun! I can't wait until May when we have a campfire hymnsing at our house! That's gonna be some good eatin' and singin'! I'll close for now, I'll post again soon since I have access to the internet, blogger, and e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!