
Does anyone else ever think about that? I mean when I think about myself, not that I'm anything special, I really want to know God's will for my life. Then I look around and see other teens and young people that want the same thing. But sadly there are those that don't really care or they are too distracted by other things to do it right not. What about those who are raised in church, but as soon as they are out of the house you never see them at church, serving God? So what makes the difference?
Of course the greatest contribution is the salvation of a person, not just a profession but a possession. Not only do you need to be saved but you need to grow in the Lord.
Another big factor is when you see your parents living it. You know what I mean by it, you see them living for God, doing His will. How blessed we are to have parents that live the life of the believer, not just talk about it. You know they are in church when the doors are open, you see them reading their Bibles and praying, they drop all their plans and go where God wants them. I know this has to have affected the way that I am. Why else would I have no problem going around the world serving the Lord? Not have a big problem doing my devotions everyday? I have the desire to be in church when the doors are open. Yet I still have situations that I don't understand. Maybe it's something I'll never understand.
How can a pastor's children grow up and forsake all they were taught? It puzzles me. Maybe they aren't really saved I guess or maybe they aren't growing. Maybe they weren't really listening all those times their dad was preaching. Heaven forbid we become like this. This is just something I was really thinking about over in Germany. Just, what makes me what I am? I want to have children someday, but it scares me because of seeing the children of good, strong families stray from God. So think about this: What makes you the way you are?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!