Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Cup 'a Tea

I was watching a movie today, a very good Hallmark movie by the way, and the lady came out onto the porch with a cup of tea for her and her mom. I just thought it was neat, there is just something about a good cup of tea and a book or a friend. And when I speak of tea I mean the kind that's hot. My personal favorite right now is a spiced Chai, I love it! I drink a cup a day. Flavored herbal teas are wonderful and there are so many to choose from. But besides tea, and flowers and all such things I guess I should give an update about myself.
Today was a beautiful day and I didn't realize it until later in the afternoon. Anyway, I absolutely love that the lord created spring! When I was outside I could smell the fresh hyacinths that are bloomed all over and see all the cheerful daffodils. I guess you could say I love flowers as much as tea. To top off the beautiful day, I went out for the evening service at church. There is nothing that compares to being in a church full of believers, singing praises to the Lord, hearing the Word, and fellowshipping. It was a great service. Being here at Grandma's I am unable to go to church in the morning because she isn't up and I have to help her with her machine at 10. You never realize what you have until you don't have it anymore. Sunday nights my other aunt comes out and sits with my Grandma so I can go to church. There is a good church about 10 minutes from here, and they are getting ready to save money for a building project and it is so exciting to see them getting a vision as a whole to do what God wants them to do. I was encouraged.
Hmm... quick run of the week. Monday I started spring cleaning the living room. Tuesday I went home for class and to stay with my family =). Wednesday, I was with my family, but finished my School of Theology paper, and helped in Master's Club, then drove back down here. Thursday and Friday was just spent around here doing everyday things, I mowed the front yard, the rest of it will be this week. And Saturday my family came down and mom and I went in to the Clothing bank for their $5 a bag sale. Let's just say 1/3 of the bag was mine. They stayed for baked chicken, rice, gravy, green beans, and biscuits. Good Eatin'! I was reminded of one of the things I learned while in Germany. I'm going to post that on my other blog. To tell you the truth I've been posting there more than here, I miss not posting things I've been learning. One day I'll be able to post from home again. For now it's o.k.
Well, enough for now. Go grab yourself a cup 'a tea and chat with a friend!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree Sandy. Anyways, Sandy and I drink tea usually every Sunday after church at supper time and we chat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!