Friday, April 10, 2009

Of Fresh Cut Grass and Hanging Laundry

Yesterday was a beautiful day and the grass was starting to look like a jungle. I had already mowed the front, but not attempted the back. My dad had hooked up the riding mower to charge so it would be ready to use.

So cleaned up the yard, and opened the garage. I started up the mower and couldn't get it to go into gear. Dumb, new fangled things they make now a days. There wasn't even a lever to put into gear, I was so confused. So rather than get really frustrated, I dragged out the old push mower and pulled my guts out finally resulting in power!

While this was all going on I had done a load of wash and it was sitting in the shed, away from any flying grass. After finishing the grass, I hung out he wash on the wash line. I don't think there is anything like the smell of fresh cut grass and clean laundry. It's just so, clean and crisp.

When I came into the house Grandma was just getting ready to wash the kitchen floor, so I stopped her and washed it. Later that evening my Uncle James showed up before supper so he ate with us.
As for earlier in the week, I went out with my Aunt Deb and Grandma on Tuesday. We went all over and stopped for supper because I had to leave right away to class. That went well and I was able to spend the next day at home. Mom and I did go out to the store because she hadn't been out yet that week. Then I returned to grandma's Wednesday night. We are preparing for the Easter meal, thankfully it isn't going to be here, Grandma couldn't handle it. So we are going home, to my house, well actually we are eating next door at my Uncle and Aunts house. Today I made a mud pie, it's really called striped delight, but we've called it mud pie just about for ever. It's a Davis family tradition, it's at every get together on the holidays. We are going there tomorrow, Sunday is my Mom's side of the family. Busy weekend ahead! Yay!
So, enough for today...


2 comments:

  1. interesting....mud pie.....I always figured that stuff was made from...well MUD!!! LOL

    P.S- So have you made any apple pie lately??! And has your sister made any of that delicious mint pie or whatever it was called?! (sorry I have a HORRIBLE memory)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the smell of cut grass! we can't hang our laundry outside cause we have to many birds! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!